disable plane shadow of a emitter

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi, I placed here an invisible Lightpoint to highlight the stool a bit, because in the full scene is there a person who blocks the light.

Profi drawing skills! :D

So, back to the first image, it causes a block shadow at the wall, because there is a plane casting the light.

Is it possible to make it not causing a shadow? because yeah... thats the best way how I can make there a bit more light.

In the render is there no lightsource visible.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• It does that, not found a fix myself.

You can re render the effected shadow area without the light in the scene to get rid of the shadow.

However you need to put a bit bit more thought into your backfill lighting now you know it's an issue, place it somewhere not in in the render, hide it behind something else, or simply redo the lighting because your not getting 'photoreal' if your placing lights in the scene like that. I have no objection to you doing it, but Iray does.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Yeah it was a late fix, because the peoples would block it, and I have a camera under the window lookint at it.

• Use a plane with the Emissive shader preset, and lower its Cutout Opacity to something like .001 - as long as it doesn't need to provide glossy highlights that should work.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

I just test it, because I need it again :) (or better said I am in a similar situation) and it creates those light... "fireflys" or whatever. its opacity is very very low, but... this does still happen.

When I hide it behind the camera, then can it work, a bit like a camera headlamp.