Completely Broken

Hello,
I am not sure what happened but Daz on my system conjured quite a few issues yesterday that ruined all of my files.  Daz is heavily integrated into my workflow and yesterday I finished designing a model and imported it into DAZ as an OBJ.  However the model looked low poly even though it looked fine on my modeling software, rendering also produced some very odd results.  I then tried subdividing on Daz but I had Iray enabled on the viewport, the application locked up and crashed while rendering, no errors it just closed.  I didn't think much of it, I loaded the same OBJ onto zbrush and fixed the poly issue but when I went back to DAZ something definitely changed.  Dforce no longer works, any Dforce items do not render at all, most also appear different now on the viewport as super thin colored lines.  Others looked perfectly fine in the viewport (white thick lines) but they do not render at all or hover oddly over the model.    Graft are completely broken and they just sit slightly above the model, adding colors or textures to most grafts are also broken.  This affects both new files and all of my older projects as well as well as all generation of models.

I tried reinstalling Daz and updateing Daz to the latest version but the issue remained so I am not sure if there is something I am missing or something in my Library got corrupted.  I am not sure how because when I loaded the OBJ and had the crash it was an completely new file with no other items on the scene.   Also a full reinstall of Daz for me is a daunting task, I have thousands of Daz items loaded on the library, over 250GB, about 540 from Daz, hundreds I have made myself,  another 300 from other places like renderosity etc.  Its easier to just pick up a new SSD and try recovering my workstation from the weekly backup,  which is in itself a nightmare because of all the VM's.

So before I do this is there anything I could be missing here?

Comments

• Some, at least, of the issues may be related to the GPU (either drivers, or which one DS is set to use if you have more than one - especially if there's an Intel GPU on the CPU). Others sound like a CMS issue - is Smart Content still working, and the various category-based views? Check your drivers, check which GPU DS iss et to use if applicable, check your security/performance software to see if it is subjecting DS to additional restrictions after the crash (or indeed, before the crash - perhaps that, rather than the mesh, was the root cause).

• AbjT40AbjT40 Posts: 7

I will try updating and reverting display drivers to see if that has any effect.  I was using Daz earlier in the day yesterday with no issues and I don't believe any security changes occurred but I will double check to make sure.  I have tried adding various items from Smart-Content, one item did come up with a screen asking to select an item to replace which I never seen before.  Items from the regular content view is a mess, for example Gen8 Items that fit control no longer recognize but other parts of that same item work fine.

Going to try to disabled various processes and try removing and installing the Daz application again. 

• Is your layout (menus and panes) still the same? If not it may have lost the settings, which could also affect the UI and some things like the behaviour when loading an item of a type that the figure is already wearing (hence the unexpected prompt).

• AbjT40AbjT40 Posts: 7

Views looked the same but I actually ended up recovering from the backup and all is well, I will just be more careful when importing and messing with subdividing.  Thanks for the help.