[SOLVED] Crash loading any Genesis 8 Female

InkyInky Posts: 33

I have tested this bug through and through, and it seems right now for some reason when I load any Gen8 Female figure Daz will crash after a few seconds of trying to load it. I am able to load up Gen 3 Male and Female, and I am even able to load Gen 8 male figures.

I have looked at my folders and haven't installed anything new lately. The only thing that I can think maybe happening is if the Gen 8 figure was updated somehow by the Install Manager.

Please ignore this thread, I dug a little deeper into the log file and saw that it was basically a corrupt XTransfer file that seemed to be killing all Genesis 8 Female figures.

Post edited by Inky on

Comments

• Log file might help.

To make it a smaller log file, first open the log file and select 'all' and delete it. Save the empty log file.

Then load G8F ... after it crashes, open D/S and copy the log file into a .txt file that can be attached to the post OR paste it into the post.

Then hopefully somebody will be able to identify the problem.

• InkyInky Posts: 33

I can't seem to upload the Log text file, it just sits there saying "Uploading" and doesn't do anything else and I can't paste the log in a message because it says that its too long.

As if the Daz problems weren't enough.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,265
    edited April 2020
    Inky said:

I can't seem to upload the Log text file, it just sits there saying "Uploading" and doesn't do anything else and I can't paste the log in a message because it says that its too long.

As if the Daz problems weren't enough.

And is this the 'short' version of the log file?

Find the last few lines before the crash ... shouldn't be that long a file that it won't enter into a post.

Also it is not necessary to have many repeated lines. That should cut down the file size too.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • InkyInky Posts: 33

Are these the lines you were talking about?

2020-04-15 00:57:16.424 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzscript.cpp(1178): Unhandled error while executing script.
    2020-04-15 00:57:16.424 WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

• Yes those are the type of lines I was talking about.

Glad to see you have resolved the problem :-)

• Please help me, I am having the exact same issue but I have no idea how to fix the "likely corrupted" log file....