Can i import an object from a figure as a prop?

Hi, is there a way to get in the scene the shoes of a character(the shoes are a separate object in the folder from the asset pack) without having them either attach to the figure or just be constrained to invisible skeleton? I just want to move the shoes as if they were a primitive

thanks

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

If you just load the shoes you can treat them as a prop, and move them around as you like.

But it will still have "the invisible skeleton" as that is part of the rigging.

• ItsaMeItsaMe Posts: 42
    felis said:

If you just load the shoes you can treat them as a prop, and move them around as you like.

But it will still have "the invisible skeleton" as that is part of the rigging.

yeah i was running into an issue with that when i was moving the invisible left foot it kept using in the show and giving some weird rotations. that's why i was wondering if i could just load as an asset. is there a way to disable the constraints??

thanks

• Have nothing else in the scene and load the shoes, export them out as .obj.

Clear the scene import in the .obj and save them as a prop.

Load the rest of the scene and carry on :-)

• Edit -> figure -> rigging -> convert figure to prop.

And if you want 2 independant shoes, geometry editor , selct one shoe, detele polygons, duplicate node, scale X = -100%

• ItsaMeItsaMe Posts: 42

thank you