Categorising materials for their respective clothing.

qertqert Posts: 89

How do i categorise a material for their respective clothing item within the content library?

Like for example;

1. Click on a shirt.

2. Click on filter by context.

3. Pops up all the materials associated with that shirt.

Post edited by qert on

Comments

• Is this a shirt you made, or that you isntalled manually, or is it a shirt isntalled through Install Manager or Connect? In the former case you will first need to set the shirt up as a Compatibility base, then you will need to set the materials as compatible with it and give them categories (Smart Content shows oly categorised items, and the filtering requires compatibility).

• qertqert Posts: 89
    edited April 2020

Is this a shirt you made, or that you isntalled manually, or is it a shirt isntalled through Install Manager or Connect? In the former case you will first need to set the shirt up as a Compatibility base, then you will need to set the materials as compatible with it and give them categories (Smart Content shows oly categorised items, and the filtering requires compatibility).

i installed the shirt manually, i categorise the shirt's material as "Materials > Wardrobe" but when i click on the shirt in Smart Content that shirt still doesn't show the material options. What am i doing wrong?

Post edited by qert on
  • Yu have to set the shirt as a compatibility base, then set the materials as compatible with the shirt. Select the shirt, Edit>Figure or Object>Set Default Compatibility Bases, then with the shirt seelcted drag the materials from the Content Library pane into the right categoriy in the Smart Content pane (I think - it's smething I do intermittently, so don't trust my words completely).

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

A different way to approach this is to open the Surfaces pane and click the Presets tab. If the materials are set up properly, they’ll show up as presets for the object currently selected.