Locking Hands in Place

I spent hours getting a character's hands in just the right pose but I'm not happy with the charcater's overall pose. After all that work I realized that I wanted the character to lean forward just a bit. But I don't want to mess up the hand poses or positions. Back in my Poser days I could just lock the hands in place and mover the rest of the figure around and unless you made the pose impossible the hands would stay fixed in place.

I tried to pin the character's hand rotations and translations but that has no noticible effect, if I lean the character forward the hands imediatly move out of place.

Is there anyway to lock the hands in 3d space like there was in Poser?

I'm using Genesis 8 Male and the latest release (not beta) of Studio. 

Comments

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Select the node you want to pin and press spacebar to toggle the pin on or off.  If you're using ActivePose (the bone icon) the node will be highlighted in the scene with a red box when pinned.  If you're using translate/rotate tools, it's purple pins.  They'll remain in place within some limits of course.

• AlricAlric Posts: 125

I tried all that and no luck it doesn't work. I think the problem is that everything is locked with respect to another bone maybe? I noticed that the translation values of the hands never changed even though they moved a lot. I'm guessing that it is using local coordinates and I need to lock them in global coordinates.

I'm sure I had it working in the past on other characters so it must be a setting that is different on this figure but I can't figure it out.

I finally gave up and just bend the figure forward and went back and repositioned the hands manually.

Thanks for your ideas.