Importing springs from Iclone.

Using 3Xchane to convert and import between DAZ and Iclone works for many things. I am curious if anybody knows how to import the BVH motion into DAZ after it was created in 3DXchange by applying springs to extended bones. I was able to take some bunny ears made for K4 import into 3DXchange as an FBX and apply extended bones to the ears and then apply springs to the ears all inside of 3DXchange. I could even export the motion as a BVH. When I try to apply the BVH to the Bunny ears inside DAZ it does not move correctly. The ears are a geograft so the BVH is apllied to the ears only, I think. But obviously if this is even possible I'm not doing it correctly. Does anybody have a clue if something like this is possible?  Maybe export as an FBX into Poser then creating a BVH there and import into DAZ?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056
    edited April 2020

you need to load the BVH again on each geograft or additional item like clothing with springbones ticking them in advanced view

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Thanks Wendy, What do you mean " ticking them"  in advanced view? Not sure what advanced veiw is. Is that in the timeline tools or in the viewport?

kwannie said:

Thanks Wendy, What do you mean " ticking them"  in advanced view? Not sure what advanced veiw is. Is that in the timeline tools or in the viewport?

in BVH import dialogue

Ahhh, OK I think I'm following here. So are you talking about the File Nodes and Figure Nodes.  So I'm guessing in the File Node will have the spring listed  and you are saying that I need to make sure I put a check in its box to select it? Do I need to Save Map or anything else? Since I exported the geograft from DAZ the spring nodes should still have the same name as the figure nodes right?

Seems I remember you did a video or something about using springs with a wolf. Is that still up somewhere?

kwannie said:

Ahhh, OK I think I'm following here. So are you talking about the File Nodes and Figure Nodes.  So I'm guessing in the File Node will have the spring listed  and you are saying that I need to make sure I put a check in its box to select it? Do I need to Save Map or anything else? Since I exported the geograft from DAZ the spring nodes should still have the same name as the figure nodes right?

I never saved a map, most extra bones are unticked there by default which is why you need to check them

Ok, that worked. But it looks a bit different in DAZ than it did in 3DXchange, like one of the bones in the IKchain wasn't included when spring was applied. I need to tweak inside 3DXchange.  Thanks again!