3rd party files disappeared after activating Animate2

Earlier in the evening, I was able to find all of my 3rd party assets within daz studio easily. I was working on an animation and from a tip from a friend told me to get animate 2 and the issues I was having would be resolved with that. I did as he suggested. I got it and I activated it. Daz is working fine, but now I cannot find my 3rd party assets at all in daz. I try to do a search and nothing comes up. The files are saved where they're supposed to be, but they don't come up anymore after activating Animate. Does Daz go into a default setting after activating that or something? And if so, does anyone know or have a link showing how to connect folders on a different drive to Daz since I forget how to do that. Because of all the assets I have, I have everything saved on an external hard drive so I don't eat up my tower drive. I've tried everything I can think of and just grasping at straws now. 

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

If you go to Edit > Preferences, there is a tab Content > Content Directory Manager, and in there Daz Studio Formats, where you can add more content folders.

• felis said:

If you go to Edit > Preferences, there is a tab Content > Content Directory Manager, and in there Daz Studio Formats, where you can add more content folders.

I'm doing that now, but do you have any idea why it would have done what it did? Also, if I right click almost everything I have purchased over the years.....it says install....yet, when I click to get into the item, I can still load a figure and whatnot. Do you know what that is about?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

No, I do not have any idea why it did what you say. I am not aware that an addon could change directories.

Regarding the install option, my guess is that these have a circle with a little downarrow. If so you will do a connect install. And I think that if you have it installed through connect it will ignore if it also have been installed through DIM or manual. But I do not use connect - or at least what I am aware of cool

• felis said:

No, I do not have any idea why it did what you say. I am not aware that an addon could change directories.

Regarding the install option, my guess is that these have a circle with a little downarrow. If so you will do a connect install. And I think that if you have it installed through connect it will ignore if it also have been installed through DIM or manual. But I do not use connect - or at least what I am aware of cool

That actually explains quite a bit for the install option. Thank you for clearing that up for me :)