How to simulate dforce capes in timeline animation? (4.12)

Hello. I'm hoping to move someone around for maybe 30 frames and simulate cape movement as well, but no idea. Can anyone briefly explain it? Many thank yous.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

If you just move your charatcer along the timeline, i.e. adding keyframes for your characters position and pose, the cape will follow along.

E.g. setting your character in the start position / pose at frame 0, and the end position /pose at frame 30 (or whereever you want it to stop): Daz Studio will make a translation between these poses, and here it is important that the cape (or other dForce items) not are getting trapped somewhere in between, e.g an arm passing through the torso. Then you need to add additional keyframes in between to control the movement.

• DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 388
    felis said:

If you just move your charatcer along the timeline, i.e. adding keyframes for your characters position and pose, the cape will follow along.

E.g. setting your character in the start position / pose at frame 0, and the end position /pose at frame 30 (or whereever you want it to stop): Daz Studio will make a translation between these poses, and here it is important that the cape (or other dForce items) not are getting trapped somewhere in between, e.g an arm passing through the torso. Then you need to add additional keyframes in between to control the movement.

Thank you for your reply, I'm a little confused. Would I start the cape at frame 1 doing nothing, then go to frame 30 and simulate? Then the Timeline would show the simulation from frames 1-30, is that how it works?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

In the simulation setting you have to select Frames to simulate,as Use timeline (animated), then it will simulate all the way from the default pose (or the pose in frame 0), to the last frame in the timeline. When it has finished simulating, you can look through all the frames, and then choose to render the one that you like best.