how to load "multiple textures" into one texture channel in the surface?

ItsaMeItsaMe Posts: 42

I was looking through the documentation, but i wasn't able to figure out how to make my textures work in a multi tile system(UV's) system)

To explain this better, i noticed some surfaces from figures i bought have "multiple textures" and when going to the folder they all end up as 1001, 1002, etc for the uv's (genesis 8)

how can i load textures the same way? right now I'm loading a displacement texture, and i have all the endings as 1001, 1002, etc, but it seems like it only loads the one i open and not all of them.(which means my displacement is wrong on the other uvs i get face displacement on arms, etc)

how can i make it work in multi tile?

thank you

Post edited by ItsaMe on

Comments

• Are you talking about LIE images, or asking which slots textures go in?

• ItsaMeItsaMe Posts: 42
    I mean udims1001,1002,etc) when I assign a texture into a slot(like diffuse or displacement) how do i tell daz it's a udim sequence and not just a texture to use in all the uVs sets
  • You don't - you apply it to the relevant surface, and DS will use the UVs from the matching tile. UDIMs are just deliberately out-of-range UVs, confined to a single unit square - it's always been possible to set things up that was as any integer portion gets wrapped (people used to use out-of-range UVs as a way to tile textures), what is new is editors that know to treat each tile as a separate group - but that's mainly relevant when creating new textures, not when applying them to an existing model.