Genesis 8 on Hexagon and viceversa

Hi all, I'm almost new in the 3d world. As usual, sorry for my bad english (google tranlsate).

I'm trying to make simple polygonal changes to a 3d genesis 8 actor purchased on the daz3d shop.

I think I understand that the polygonal shape cannot be freely modified on daz studio so I opened the genisis 8 on hexagon 2.5 using the "file -> send to hexagon" button on daz studio.

So far, although I don't know if it is correct, everything is fine. I managed to make the desired changes on the hexagon.

But... And now? How do I save everything as a new genesis 8 actor for daz studio? Cannot find any export button in .duf
The only one file type that seems to work in daz studio is .obj but when i go to open it on daz studio it is absolutely not a genesis 8 but a static figure like a bedside table :(

Comments

• You can't make changes to the actual geometry of a figure, only chnage the positions of the existing vertices. If you need a different mesh you could create a GeoGraft (a piece that welds to the existing geoemtry, and optionally hides parts of it) or you could create a whole new figure (e.g. using the Transfer Utility - but that would not then get additional morphs added to the original base figure, and would not have the automatic conforming of fitted items etc.).

• As long as you do not make any real changes, just move the geometry around ... then you can send it back over the bridge to D/S and make a morph. If you like the morph, save the morph.