FBX - C4D - Morphs - eyelashes and head combine

Hello guys,

I tried to be as short as possible in my title but I will explain here in details.

I am working with a Genesis 8 female that I Tposed. I would like to export all the morphs for the head in order to animate in Cinema 4D.

I know I have to add the Morph rule "head export" in FBX export settings, it is working great and I can find back my morphs in Cinema.

My problem is that it generates a morph tag for each geometry elements, including the eyelashes...

I don't get why the eyelashes is a separated element from the head but it seems counter productive to have to keyframe both eyes and then eyelashes to animate a "eyes closed" morph. It makes things so much more annoying and time consuming.

I saw 2 or 3 threads on the forum where people have the similar issue, but every time no solutions were provided. Note that I am not talking how to export the eyelashes, I know I have to thick the "merge Clothing into Figure Skeleton".

Basically, is there a way to combine eyelashes and head morphs so that it come with only one track of blendshapes in Cinema 4D ?

Thanks a lot for your help ! :)

Jeremy

Comments

• Have you tried the Merge Skeletons option in the FBX Exporter in DS? If that doesn't work/isn't suitable, does C4D have a way of linking properties across meshes - if so you could link the lash property to the figure property and key frame only the latter (which is, of course, how it works in DS).