Is there any way to change the path where Daz Connect downloads the files?

Hi all,

As the title suggest, is there any way to change the path where Daz Connect downloads the files?

I found and changed where Daz is installing the Connect data. 

Unfortunately the original data that gets downloaded, before it gets installed is still on my main drive, which I am trying to not overflow with Daz data.

Thanks

Comments

• Yes - Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferences on a Mac), go to the Content tab, click Content Directory Manager, in the current set find the Daz Connect Data Directory, select it, and click the Edit button on the left. DS will ask if you want to add the old directory as a regular content directory - either say yes, or say no and move the Data folder from the old location into one of your other content directories (including the new Connect one) where it will merge with the Data folder already there - with Connect only the relative paths within the directory matter, the location of the content directory tself can change without breaking anything.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Thank you for the fast answer.

I had actually already done so but last night when I tried to install some stuff the free space on my Main drive was also getting lower.

Today that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe I had some other stuff with some temporary files going on that lead me to believe otherwise.

Thank you again :).

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912

Could you select the "Delete Package Once Installed" option on the Ready to Install tab? It saves a lot of room.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130
    MarcCCTx said:

Could you select the "Delete Package Once Installed" option on the Ready to Install tab? It saves a lot of room.

Is there such a thing for Connect?

I know there is something like that for DIM.

• No, Connect doesn't have separate packages (unless you use the offline Installers, and those do get deleted automatically).