Weird one... why can't I delete these keys?

RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

I'm trying to delete "grasp" keys from the timeline but they just won't go away.  They're leaves in the tree, so as far as I can see have no dependencies.  I set them (they weren't set by another control, I don't think).  Can someone give me a clue please?

Can't delete keys image

So... trying to understand this is there always a key for a pose control if there's a key for the parent?  The inverse of their always being a key for the parent if there's a key for the child?  ... I think that's what's going on...

Post edited by Robinson on

Comments

• I think that property is a clone of oen on the figure node - do the keys appear there, and if so can you delete them?

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

I think that property is a clone of oen on the figure node - do the keys appear there, and if so can you delete them?

I checked the figure node and couldn't find the controls on it.  Then I tried the beta and couldn't find any pose controls at all in the list on that (I had all keys checked on).  What allowed me to delete them was selecting Delete keys (selected node) option on the top right menu.  I deleted all keys under that node.

OK I thnk I get it now.  They're under the figure -> properties -> pose controls and they can be deleted there.  I'll tell you what... a simple type in filter box would make navigating this thing so much easier... Those trees get pretty huge.

• If you have the Public Build (I don't think this is available in the General release) you can choose which properties are shown in the Timeline dope sheet using the Types button at the bottom - uncheck A for Alias and I think you shoudn't see the properties on the hand. I don't know whether the behaviour you see is the correct behaviour, or whether there should be some feedback showing you can't delete he keys from the alias if it is, but it may be worth opening a tcket over after looking at the Public Build.

• I am told that the Alias keys should be deletable, so please report this as a bug.

I am told that the Alias keys should be deletable, so please report this as a bug.

Will do.