Can you render out an IRAY Viewport-preview to a file?

Hey, I'm wondering about a thing recently. So I'm working on an IRAY scene with 4 fully clothed characters (G8) which is far too much for my GPU to handle (GTX980ti). 

This was expected and I knew I would have horrible render times given my GPU only has 6GB vram and my cpu would take over. (I'm using Scene optimizer and hiding all objects that are not in frame, but still)

The thing is, the preview iray-viewport render has no problems rendering a pretty okay image in about no time, even letting the denoiser kick in, which it wouldn't do with the real render. So right now I'm ending up screenshotting the fullscreen iray-preview of the viewport (in about 1920x1080 resolution) because this gives me a better image in 5 minutes than the real render of a 1280x960 pic in 2 hours.

How can this be and is there a way to use this magical viewport settings to render out an image to a file? How can it be that fast and even use my GPU?

Thanks!

Comments

• File>Save Last Draw, as I recall. The difference in speed is going to be down to different settings in Render Settings and Draw Settings (the latter controls the preview).

• AnxaerAnxaer Posts: 12

File>Save Last Draw, as I recall. The difference in speed is going to be down to different settings in Render Settings and Draw Settings (the latter controls the preview).

Oh wow, that's it! Thank you very much!