Daz Studio 4.12 and 3dlight

I'm making a new product and always relied on the first import of an .obj to come in as 3dlight default to get my 3dlight material. The new DS 4.12 my .obj comes in as iray.

As far as I know, there is no way, without a saved mat for that object to get back to 3dlight once it's iray. Got any ideas? Other than going back to 4.10.

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367

I'm making a new product and always relied on the first import of an .obj to come in as 3dlight default to get my 3dlight material. The new DS 4.12 my .obj comes in as iray.

As far as I know, there is no way, without a saved mat for that object to get back to 3dlight once it's iray. Got any ideas? Other than going back to 4.10.

Can you not just apply the 3dl default shader and go from there?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

My guess would be that the shader applied when you import an obj is the default one for the currently active render engine. Maybe try selecting 3DL as render engine before importing your obj?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Yep, I've noticed that, too. The imported .obj (or new primitive) gets the default shader for the currently selected render engine.

• Selected render engine, that worked!

Thanks.

The default 3Dlight shader; is there one? I read somewhere on the board that there was none.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

Yes, there are base shaders for 3DL included in the default shader pack. You can use ubersurface shader, for example.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Selected render engine, that worked!

Thanks.

The default 3Dlight shader; is there one? I read somewhere on the board that there was none.

The default 3DL shader is in content library/shader presets/DSdefaults/dzDefaultshader.

• Thanks, never saw those before.