Genesis 8 duf files missing

I just did a reinstall of DS and my G8s aren't loading. I'm getting this message: "Could not open file : /People/Genesis 8 Male/Genesis 8 Basic Male.duf File does not exist." It gives me the same kind of message when I try to open G8 female too. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials and that didn't fix it, so then I did another uninstall-reinstall of DS and I'm still getting the same message.

g8 missing duff.JPG
406 x 103 - 15K

Comments

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

Are you installing you content in the default location or are you using an external location?

• Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99

I'm using the default location, and all the other figures seem to be opening fine.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

The error list the expected paths. Have you tried and look and see if that path exist?

And/or tried to do a search for the file in question?

edited April 2020

The file it's asking for in the error message is the file I just double-clicked on to get that error message. I checked in Windows Explorer, and it's location and name is exactly what the error message is asking for.

The clothes for the G8s are also giving the same message, and again, I'm getting that error message when I click on the file it's saying is missing.

g8 missing duff2.JPG
    539 x 278 - 34K
    Post edited by Sand3 on
  • How did you install? If you installed via Install Manager find the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials product in the Products tab of Smart Content - does it have a downward-pointing triangle in a circle at top-right of the thumbnail? If not right-click on it and select Uninstall. (That may sound weird, but if the item is isntalled via DIM it should have a coloured thumbnail with the icon indicating that it can be isntalled through Connect; if not then the system is showing it as having been installed via Connect, in whichc ase it will ignore the files from DIM.)

That worked! And the visual of watching the color bleed slowly into the gray icon was very satisfying.

• Well, if there's no colour the databse doesn't show the product as installed at all - you may want to (re)install through Install manager; if that still leaves it grey then there is a communication issue somewhere along the line.