Log File WARNING woes!

Greetings

I got a new puter... and have migrated to the new machine.  Yadda yadda yadda...

Anyway, I decided to go for a fresh install of Daz, and I am now in the process of DIM'ing my assets back in. 

I have a bunch, so I am doing a "few" at a time. 

Install some (via DIM), go in to daz... load a G8F, G3F, G8M, and then close Daz and check out the log file. 
So far so good... but for some reason, every once in a while, the loaded assets throw a TON of Animation warnings.  And for the life of me, I can't figure out which asset is calling what asset and giving me the warnings. 

Here is just one line of about 2000 WARNINGs, which I am guessing all relate to something that I don't have installed or is conflicted, but I am not sure where to start.
\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6148): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection#eCTRLFlirting_HD:?value/value

Here are a few more, just for good measure
\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6148): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection#eCTRLvEE:?value/value
\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6148): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection#eCTRLMouthCornerForward-Back:?value/value
\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6148): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection/rPectoral:?translation/y/value

I don't have enough Daz mojo to figure out where to start looking for the problem.  There were about 150 assets loaded in that batch... so I'd rather not go one-by-one to figure out the culprit.

Just in case there is something else going on that is running my Daz ship aground, I'll include the log file below.

Thanks, in advance

txt
txt
log.txt

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Not sure that that is the problem, but have you made sure to install the different essential packages first?

I would imagine, that there are a number of other packages that are looking for things in them.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited April 2020

Holy Crap Batman!!!

Where the hell to start with this mare of a log file.

"Could not find parent for modifier", "Failed to prepare modifier" and "Failed to create modifier" are all linked. The fact I don't see any missing file errors has made me wonder if these are tied to your animation errors. Basically DS has no idea which mesh those four nail morphs are meant to be applied to, the "Parent" line in the  morph files is probably empty or missing. Now if they have "adjust rig to shape" and "ERC freeze" applied to them and no parent data, then DS wont have a clue what properties to adjust, which just might be the source of all those animation errors.

Most of the rest of the errors are the regular "Could not find target property for formula". Basically DS has a morph property with an ERC link to a morph property in another file, problem is that DS either can't find that property anywhere in your content directories, or it's found it just not at the location it was told to look for it at.

Now the majority of these errors are created by Corrective morphs, morphs that control how other morphs look, if you don't have the other product installed then DS can't make the link and creates an error message.

Some of them are created by changing folder names/changing file names/changing property names etc after creating the files with the ERC links. Some are simple typos, someone has decided to do a spot of hand editing and messed up and hasn't spotted it.

Ran into all of those in the past, not a lot you can do about the Corrective morphs if you don't own the products they are tied too, the other forms of this error can be "fixed" if you are willing to spend a few hours editing DSF files.

Post edited by Bejaymac on