Styling with png

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi,

I have some png's here and wanna style my clothes with it, but... it doesnt work. I did try it on a shirt and on underpants but always get the stuff black.

I remembered that there is something with opacity and a black/white image, if I use a transparent image.

See attachments, I arranged it so nice and now it looks wrong in iray ;(

Can someone help me, what I have to do? :<

If the clothes have a base skin, I can move it over it, without problems.

See last image, I could fit the littl tiger in the pocket without problems :)

Edit: I found now the base structur, so I could move my image over it, but it have for some reason this tiling :(

Any way to make it look like on my first pic? If I change the tiling, the structur goes ugly :/

2020-04-05 16_20_29-Window.jpg
487 x 613 - 27K
2020-04-05 16_20_55-Window.jpg
1150 x 696 - 86K
2020-04-05 16_23_42-Window.jpg
1045 x 537 - 100K
2020-04-05 16_29_38-Window.jpg
1118 x 668 - 127K
Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

One thing I would say is check the Tiling values.  Consider looking at making it a Decal instead?  Other posts on the forums give ideas on how to do that.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited April 2020

I had 2-3 decals but they did break the render... atleast the iray preview, the boy did flicker then.

And when I try tiling, the normal and bump map does also move and make it ugly :(

Post edited by Loony on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

That's one of the 'issues' with LIE, it modifies the map that is used, so is subject to all the various modifications, such as Tiling as the original map.  I believe it is possible to have different tiling on different maps, but .. not done it myself and not sure, even, how it is done.  Don't know why miltiple decals would have issues, various products pretty much rely on the ability to use more than 1 at a time.

yeah I dont know it too :(

I have the "make me itsy bitsy" product and wanted to use the decals on underpants and on the dungaree and I think on the top, but it made problems :(

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

If you are using LIE for adding you image, you need to have a mask, as I don't think that it can handle transparency. You can make that easy, by taking your dino image, select all the blank and fill with black. Where the dino is it must be filled with white. And then in LIE add that as mask for your image on top of the original texture.

edited April 2020

found now a way to use my itsy bitsy style to make stripes and now I put it over it (I just saw recently a boy with a top also with strips and over the strips a design, I liked that!)

But....

why is the dino so ugly in my iray preview?  :(

And I made the mask, but lucky I dont need it.

I added the mask, but that doesnt helped, the dino is full of grey parts :(

2020-04-06 19_18_36-DAZ Studio 4.12 Pro - Family creating.duf.jpg
    1214 x 766 - 91K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Out of curiosity MrDarck, have you tried converting your PNG's to JPG's?  I ran into a similar issue last week.  Never did figure out why. Don't think I even needed to use a mask either.

edited April 2020

when I use a JPG, then it will have a black or white thing arount or not?

Btw:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/397661/wip-child-rain-outfit

There is my WIP to see :D

Post edited by Loony on
  • This one:

is rendering black because it is a transparent .png file. Put dino on a solid colour [white is okay] background to solve the render issue here.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    edited April 2020
    MrDarck said:

when I use a JPG, then it will have a black or white thing arount or not?

The PNG's are 32 bit to have transparency. My jpg's always end with a white surround, saved out from Photoshop CS6. I think Affinity had the same result.

Post edited by Doc Acme on