File hierarchies for Render Library don't work...

jpetersen1jpetersen1 Posts: 148

When I create a new folder for a subcategory of renders, I can see it in the file hierarchy, and the Image Path displays correctly in the Render > General > Image Path drop-down, but the Save function doesn't appear to register the change and the completed renders continue to be stored in whatever directory was previously selected. It continues to do so even if there are several renders.

In other words, if you edit the Image Path directory name/path, it registers the name of the new directory (and displays it correctly in Image Path), but it doesn't put the files in the newly selected directory, subsequent renders go into the old filepath.

It happens consistently. Is this going to be fixed in the next version? Is there a workaround to get the correct file path until it is?

Post edited by jpetersen1 on

Comments

• So you are adding a new path in the manager, then selecting it from the drop down in the render wndow?

• jpetersen1jpetersen1 Posts: 148

I am adding a new path. I can see the new path in the file tree. I am clicking Accept.

I am definitely selecting it, yes. And it shows correctly as the current path in two places (the Render Pane and in the text window for the most recent finished render), but the software continues to save the file to the previous path. This happens consistently.