Creating poser companion files

TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
edited April 2014 in Poser Discussion

I am trying to follow the tutorial here.
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/tutorials/creating_dson_companion_files/start

It is a G2 pose set I am trying to convert, already in .duf format. It tells me to "update metadata", but doesn't explain how...... I figured it's a fairly new pose set, so it should not be needed. On to step 3.

I get an error box pop up telling me "the following file or files can not be converted because they are of an unsupported content type"

Really, your own format of .duf is unsupported? This is why I hate to even install studio in the first place, I only did again to convert some pose files, already giving me a headache lol. Any ideas?

Post edited by TheKD on

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

Make sure that you specify that it is outputting a .pz2 file...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Is CMS running? Does the item have a content type bar across the top of the icon?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited December 1969

CMS was running the first few tries, not running now. Not sure what you mean about content type on icon. I don't use smart content tab at all if it's something in there, I prefer the library browser and organized runtimes rather than database stuff.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,055
    edited December 1969

A bit over half way down the Create Poser companion Files there are the options which determine how the type of file (actor, materials, pose etc.) is determined. The default is Use metadata..., which relies on the CMS, but you can also set it to Use the library and file extension option which will let you tell it what kind of files you are making companion files for (which determines the Poser library file type created) for those occasions where the content type is not available.

• Leo LeeLeo Lee Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

I followed the tutorial and I create poser companion files for poses. But in Poser 9 when I load G2F and apply a pose, the pose doesn't apply all correct. There are limitations in joints, mainly in legs, that not bend very well. Why this happened?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

It may be a limits issue. Unfortunately the 'use limits' checkbox on the Poser figure menu does not work with Genesis, so have a look at the limits of the rotations of the affected joints and adjust as necessary...

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    It may be a limits issue. Unfortunately the 'use limits' checkbox on the Poser figure menu does not work with Genesis, so have a look at the limits of the rotations of the affected joints and adjust as necessary...

See the post below for a solution to the problem:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13706/#576558

• Leo LeeLeo Lee Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much WandW and TheWheelMan.