Muelsfell Atlantis Coast crashing iray on Public Build

I recently downloaded the newest public build and now one of my works with a plain Muelsfell Atlantis Coast set piece will cause a CTD whenever I try to render. This is both for actual renders and when previewing in the viewport. 

Been tweaking options at random but nothing seems to work yet. Anyone know what this might be?

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Did you check the log for any obvious errors(help > troubleshooting > view log file)?

• galiengalien Posts: 137

There is a known issue with the current beta where some custom shaders cause a CTD at the start of a render.

As this product uses a customised shader, I suspect that it may be another product that is affected by this bug.

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

Yes, this is a known issue, and has been for a few months.  It affects the Muelsfell Multilayer shader, which the Atlantis Coast used (well, technically it used an early variant that wasn't as fully featured) as well as several other custom shaders such as some of the Oso ones and the water shader from Terradome.

Good news though!  Internally we have a version of Iray where the crashing has been fixed.

However I do not know nor can I say when this version will get pushed to the public beta.  That's the decision of the onsite Daz folks, and of course everyone has to test stuff more and make sure new problems haven't appeared.  Hopefully it won't be too long a wait.

Meanwhile, you will have to use the Live version of DS and not the Beta to make use of those custom shaders... OR... you could replace that material zone with some other shader, like the default Iray one, before trying to render or use Iray preview.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• galiengalien Posts: 137

E-Arkham, thanks for the update on this.

It's good to know that a fix is in the works.

• HeckbarthHeckbarth Posts: 61

I have the same error with Muelsfell Modular Secret Grotto

Happens even when only an individual prop gets loaded into a scene. Is there anything that can be done about it, e.g. replacing the shaders?

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733
    Heckbarth said:

I have the same error with Muelsfell Modular Secret Grotto

Happens even when only an individual prop gets loaded into a scene. Is there anything that can be done about it, e.g. replacing the shaders?

E-Arkham said:

Meanwhile, you will have to use the Live version of DS and not the Beta to make use of those custom shaders... OR... you could replace that material zone with some other shader, like the default Iray one, before trying to render or use Iray preview.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

I'm getting crashes enabling Iray with ARK Private Pool.  The scene loads fine in texture shaded, but as Daz Studio crashes to desktop when I switch to Iray.  s this the same problem?  If so it was certainly bad timing having the flash sale at the same time as this Daz bug causing problems.

• E-Arkham said:

Is there an easy way to find what surface shader is the source of the problem in a scene?