A question on V4 morphs

Ok, I´ve had some problems with my V4 model. I've been with this model before and never had a problem, until i change my pc.
Anyways, the thing is that constantly ask me for the morphs when the model is loading. Like, look for 00-ps_pe69_DAZ_chnnls.pz2, and this keeps on and on.

what could be the problem and the solution.

P.s: All the .pz2 files are int he DAZ! folder, i could open them manually, but they're a lot :S

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What is your Operating System and where is your content located?

• edited December 1969

i have 7 starter (32 bits), and im pretty sure i can run the program, its just that issue with the morphs, other figures work well

edited December 1969

Is your content installed under Program Files/Program Files (x86)?

• edited December 1969

Is your content installed under Program Files/Program Files (x86)?

what would that be? I dont follow oO

edited December 1969

Older versions of DAZ Studio and Poser installed content in a subfolder of the application folder. In Windows 7 the Program Files folder is protected, so if your content is there it can cause problems. Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Directories>Content Directory Manager, expand both the "DS Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Also, check that you do not have two !DAZ folders on your machine. Had a similar issue once and discovered I had two of the folders, one with all the pz2 files in and one with barely anything in, guess which one the program was looking in.....

• edited July 2012

OK, I just have a DAZ! folder, under RUNTIME rather than RUNTIME>LIBRARIES. By the way, im using POSER PRO 2010. Here's a screenshoot of the issue:

screen

That's when I try to load the V4 figure. And then, it ask for looking on every pz2 file... and they're endless

Still can't figure out whats wrong.

Post edited by 7dstudio_3ef5909a05 on
    edited December 1969

The !DAZ folder (not DAZ!) must be under Libraries.

• edited December 1969

The !DAZ folder (not DAZ!) must be under Libraries.

Thank you mike, sorry my bad (it's !DAZ). I did it and now the V4 figure load nicely! But, when I try to apply the morphs++, they start to load but then nothing happens... :( I think I'm close to the solution.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited July 2012

It may be worth reinstalling V4 and the morphs ensurng you have the right path to make sure they are all there.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • edited July 2012

well, I started over again from zero. I re installed POSER, and then V4 as the only content. Now, i got this message when try to install the morphs++
    any idea?

Post edited by 7dstudio_3ef5909a05 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,196
    edited December 1969

Select DAZ Studio as the target application - the same files get installed, but it doesn't look for the Poser application in the destination folder.

• edited December 1969

Select DAZ Studio as the target application - the same files get installed, but it doesn't look for the Poser application in the destination folder.

now i got a "The required file has not been found" and the installer shuts down.

edited December 1969

Are you isntalling to the same folder as the base figure?

• edited December 1969

Are you isntalling to the same folder as the base figure?

Yes its the same. I tried all I could found and nothing, it seems like I´m under a course. Well thanks anyway, you all been so kind.

edited December 1969

So the folder you are isntalling to contains \Runtime\Geometries\DAZPeople\blMilWom_v4b.obj?

edited December 1969

The location you are installing to must be the folder containing "Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat".

• edited December 1969

I´ll try getting DAZ software, im kinda sick of POSER for the moment. Thank you all for your help. Just a dumb question: Is the poser content compatible with DAZ 3D?

• edited December 1969

Just wanted to close this thread, saying that my V4 works perfectly! All I did was try out a newer version of POSER; dont know what was wrong, but it works nicely now. Once again, thank you for your kindness. :-P