DAZ Studio 4.12 not responding after saving G8F pose

I am having an issue with DAZ Studio 4.12 hanging when saving a G8F pose. The pose file gets created but DAZ Studio goes unresponsive after that. Has anyone had this issue? Anyone know what the cause is? The frustrating part is the error log shows the creation of the pose, but that's all. Nothing gets added to the log after the pose creation entry.

dexterward

Comments

• Others have reproted that DS takes a long time to finish after saving, how long are you waiting?

• Richard,

It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to save a pose - that is if it dosen't hang. I have noticed that the log entry for creating the pose is fairly quick. So I think it writes the log before it's finished saving the pose. I removed almost all of my G8F morphs from the data directory hoping that would fix the issue. No such luck. It takes awhile to save other presets like shaders, materials, etc., but at least for me it is not as long. I will continue to tweak my set up to see if I can come up with. I really hope the DAZ developers solve this issue. Creating a large number of poses the way it is now takes hours!

Dexterward

• Is the pose itself not saving, or is it the thumbnail?

• Richard,

Everything saves fine, it just hangs DAZ Studio sometimes. If I reload the application, the pose is available and works correclty. 

Dexterward

• NelmiNelmi Posts: 38

Hi,

I am having the same problem now after I installed the latest version. It happens when I save new material presets. It hangs for quite a long time but the files are being saved. I have to either wait or restart Daz. It is quite frustrating.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

I had sometning similar trying to autofit m4 hair onto G3M