Mimic pro in carrara standard version or pro version or none?

Hi, I don't speak English so I am using the google translator.
I was thinking of buying Carrara mainly to use this item (Mimic Pro) since it does not currently exist for Daz Studio:
https://www.daz3d.com/mimic-pro-for-carrara

I thought I heard that article is incorporated in the PRO version of Carrara. It is true?
Or does it also come in the standard version?
Or does it simply not come in any version of Carrara, but it is mandatory to buy it pro se independent of the version ?.

I hope you can answer this question, as this would be the only reason to buy Carrara.
Greetings.

Comments

• his xhis x Posts: 866

Have you seen the Mimic pane in DAZ3D 32-bit?

• ChrisSerketChrisSerket Posts: 202

I only have the 64-bit version, and I don't see any.
    Why do they only output for 32 bits?

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433

For more information here the link to the official User Guide (PDF) - Mimic Pro for Carrara > https://carraracafe.com/download/8524/

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858
    edited March 2020

you can only use it in Carrara too which is unlikely to suit your needs

everybody wants to use iray now

while Carrara can use Genesis 8 and with Mimic it requires quite a few requisites some from other sites though free and geografts for example don't work well in Carrara losing UV mapping which for many users is a make or break thing.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I understand, then it is a bad idea (or at least for my case).
    Thank you.

• Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 82
    edited March 2020

I understand, then it is a bad idea (or at least for my case).
    Thank you.

The best method I've found is to model in Carrara > Import to Daz studios 4.12 > Rig figure morphs in daz > Use mimic/pro/live.

Daz Studio 4.12 versions of mimic:

https://www.daz3d.com/mimic-live

Daz Studios has a feature also called Lip Sync however I really like using Mimic Live.

Note: Lipsync > Daz Studios 32 bit > Save > open in 64 bit for all non lip sync animation and work.

Note: Mimiv Live > Daz Studios 64 bit native.

Post edited by Scorpio87 on

If we talk about Mimic Live in Daz Studio, I have heard that AniLip 2 is better.
    Since it is a much more complex tool.
    Although also much more expensive xD

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

you can only use it in Carrara too which is unlikely to suit your needs

everybody wants to use iray now

while Carrara can use Genesis 8 and with Mimic it requires quite a few requisites some from other sites though free and geografts for example don't work well in Carrara losing UV mapping which for many users is a make or break thing.

I don't know if you remember but you were helping me convert a character I have so it can use mimic it's basically a very simple character it has two spheres a mouth with 10MORPHS for visumes and the other sphere is you know basically a sphere with some sculpted hair on it and I created the mimic file like you told me to and you know the morphs are all done right and when I click the character and load the mimic animation and click on analyze it says select which figured to load and I can't really figure out what to do from here the character doesn't show up I  added it into smart content to see if the metadata created that way could help but it didn't... I hire people on FIVER all the time to do things for me and help me with stuff i'm definitely not opposed to paying you for your time.... I'm trying to figure out Carrera so I could use the mimic Pro there when I click mimic Pro in DAZ it's the same thing a window comes up saying select which figure to load and it didn't show up...... if I need to add metadata can you give me an online tutorial I thought maybe it was metadata because D a Z is not picking it up 

edited October 2023

I don't really create my own characters (rigged from scratch for DAZ studio)  but Carrara Mimic is a bit different in that anything with an animation group can use NLA clips in it for mimic

so you could do it in here but you need Carrara Mimic which is no longer sold

I cannot really help you at all with this in DAZ studio as you need to have the character set up in such a way it can actually use Mimic with morphs under the head

I cannot even use it on many things there like Dog 8 (out of thebox) because they are not (I actualy need to use the property mover on the morphs first)

I don't want money, if I can help people I will help for free, I am not sure I really can with your own character

to use it in DAZ studio you need to first make it a figure and have a head bone weightmapped to the head or a Poser cr2 file

I can only suggest in DAZ studio you try edit prop rigging convert to figure

then using the bone editor add a child bone called head

use the geometry editor tool and right click select all

with tool settings open select that bone and select the weight brush and right click fill with selected weights 100%

save as support asset figure

I have no idea if this will work but it should then be a figure with a head

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227
    edited October 2023

It says that we can make our custom Carrara models work with Carrara. They need to be turned into an Animation Group first.

Look where Carrara is installed. Not the folder that says Mimic Documention, instead look in the Carrara Help folder. In it you'll find the Mimic Pro pdf.

I also have it available here: Mimic Pro Manual

Scroll down to:

Creating a New Configuration Setting

I have my Carrara 7 Pro manual printed out and handy, but the pdf works too. You may need to look up in there how to work with your spheres and stuff in order to create an animation group. Or it might be as simple as selecting them, heading to the sequencer and Making a new animation group. I've done it before but that was a long time ago and I'm in the middle of a Lot of stuff right now. Do some digging.

Without a good set of illustrations of what's going on (or not) it's really hard to truly figure out what you're doing.

It almost sounds like you could get this little guy to work for you, and he's free.

He's already Mimic Compatible and, in Carrara, you can use that Mimic manual from the Help folder to learn how to make your own custom configurations if you want something different than his basic one.

EmotiGuy - Free

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Being clever, you might even be able to parent your current creation onto EmotiGuy so that all we see of EmotiGuy is his awesome mouth - and run that through Mimic.

If you're not sure what's going on, make sure to look at the Carrara manual in ther link above - Non-Linear Animation and NLA Clips. Get to know how that works. That's how Mimic Pro will assign your lipsync to the Sequencer - in individual NLA clips.

The Carrara version of Mimic pro is a bit different to work with since Carrara doesn't really have any sort of real-time playback. But it's also very powerful.

Like the Mimic manual eludes to, the best place to start is by using one of the configurations that comes with it.

It would also help to try using it with something that we know works with it - hence my suggesting EmotiGuy. But V4, M4, etc., would also at least give you a chance to get your feet wet.

I don't really have time right now to do a tutorial video for this, but now it's on my mind so, even though I'm doing things entirely different right now, I'll see if I can push this forward for you. I know what it's like to not have the answers... so I will try.

In the meantime, just try it with something other than those spheres - I have too little information about that to help that specifically.

we don't even know if mjoe67886 has Mimic for Carrara or even Carrara

having joined last year I doibt it

I myself suggest they familiarize themselves with using DAZ content in DAZ programs first

there is lots of free stuff to examine 

then read or watch tutorials on setting up and saving figures

a step they certainly need to learn before using lipsync in DAZ studio

if they are planning to use Carrara they need to be aware of the limited compatibly between it and DAZ studio

more compatibility than Blender with DAZ studio but has limitations nonetheless 

Okay, I made up a quick Basic Intro to using Mimic Pro in Carrara

The manual has some really nice instructions for taking this much further - customizing the NLA clips that Mimic creates after loading in whichever dmc file you choose.

Try different dmc configuration files. Look at the differences, if any that they might bring.