I can't figure out DAZ/3dsmax OBJ import/export settings to load a new UV layout. (solved)

FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611

SOLVED. EDIT: Okay. I figured it out. That was a painful process of trial and error.

Here are the proper steps to ensure the prefect import and export between 3d studio max (3dsmax) and DAZ Studio.  Whether this is for a new UV Layout or just bringing objects in and out of 3dsmax and DAZ, these settings are perfection.

Follow all the steps in the attached screenshot or just expand this image:

Can someone please tell me the import export settings to get an OBJ into 3dsmax from DAZ. Then how to properly export an OBJ from 3dsmax for use in loading a new UV layout in DAZ? I'm using 3d studio max 2017.  Often times DAZ studio will just crash.

I have the process figured out for Blender, meaning I can import/export compatible obj's between DAZ and Blender for use in loading a new UV layout in DAZ, but I can't get the same process to work with 3dsmax. I despise Blender and would rather use 3dsmax.  

3D studio max DAZ import export obj.jpg
1174 x 1210 - 512K
Post edited by Flortale on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

whatever happened to 3ds max?  haven't seen it since 3ds6

do daz studio figure morphs and pose controls work?

• FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611
    Mystiarra said:

whatever happened to 3ds max?  haven't seen it since 3ds6

do daz studio figure morphs and pose controls work?

3D studio max hasn't been updated since 3D Studio max 6.0, and no, figure morphs and pose controls do not work with DAZ Studio figures. Maybe if I pray to an ancient god, they will work again. Do you know of any?