Iray server image series

Hello,

As I do not have a local nice GPU, I'm using a distant Iray server to make my renders.

I'm usually rendering unique images but in this case, I need to render a sequence of images. I've changed the Render Type to Image Series but on the side of the Iray server it's rendering only one frame, so I only have one image at the end.

I can't find how to render multiple images directly as on my local computer. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,131
    pauldup said:

Hello,

As I do not have a local nice GPU, I'm using a distant Iray server to make my renders.

I'm usually rendering unique images but in this case, I need to render a sequence of images. I've changed the Render Type to Image Series but on the side of the Iray server it's rendering only one frame, so I only have one image at the end.

I can't find how to render multiple images directly as on my local computer. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Submit a bug ticket to Daz about it. As of Daz Studio 4.12.1.067 cueing sequences/animations for rendering via Iray Bridge has yet to be implemented. My understanding is that it was on a low priority to-do list from Daz's programmers back when the feature first became available. But it never progressed past that point presumably due to lack of feedback from the Daz userbase at the time. People reporting it as a bug (which it technically is) is one of the most direct ways to let Daz's developers know that the feature deserves attention.

• Hi.

Ok thanks for the information. I was thinking that I was missing something. It's so sad they did not finish this feature as it's a bit painful to send 100 times a render manually. I've opened a ticket.

• I have also submitted a ticket. I haven't heard anything back.

Have you heard anything pauldup?

• Hello,

Yes I got an answer here is the answer

Thank you for your patience, I apologize for the delay in response. We have been experiencing longer wait times due to an influx of tickets recently. I would be happy to help out with this. I spoke to our Developers about this and though we do provide functionality for it, MI Genius is the company that supports Iray Server. Looking at their site, they do have instructions on how to do this:

https://www.migenius.com/products/irayserver

You will want to upgrade to the latest version of Daz Studio. Any support questions need to be sent to them in regards to Iray Server.

Thank you,
  • pauldup said:

Hello,

Yes I got an answer here is the answer

Thank you for your patience, I apologize for the delay in response. We have been experiencing longer wait times due to an influx of tickets recently. I would be happy to help out with this. I spoke to our Developers about this and though we do provide functionality for it, MI Genius is the company that supports Iray Server. Looking at their site, they do have instructions on how to do this:

https://www.migenius.com/products/irayserver

You will want to upgrade to the latest version of Daz Studio. Any support questions need to be sent to them in regards to Iray Server.

Thank you,

What does this mean exactly? Could you get it to work?

On Migenius' site there is no information about this, nor in their updated video guide on how to render an image series / animations.
    This is the POINT of using iray server. Without rendering image series it loses it's most useful feature. 

• skyeshotsskyeshots Posts: 148
    edited February 2021

Perhaps this is found on another discussion, but does Daz currently support rendering image series through IRAY Server? I have (3) PCs that I want to share my rendering workloads accress.

Is a Quadro or Tesla based card required to host the server?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,131
    edited February 2021

skyeshots said:

Perhaps this is found on another discussion, but does Daz currently support rendering image series through IRAY Server? I have (3) PCs that I want to share my rendering workloads accress.

As of Iray Server version 2.52 virtually all functions are fully supported with just GeForce cards. So Quadro/Tesla/Titan cards are no longer a requirement. However I'm sorry to say that Daz Studio does not currently support sending image sequences to Iray Server for rendering (it was promised for a future update some years ago. But presumably a lack of demand pushed it to the backburner.) I suggest submitting a support ticket with Daz about it. The more interest people express in getting this feature implemented, the more chance there is that Daz's developers finally get around to it.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RayDAnt said:

skyeshots said:

As of Iray Server version 2.52 virtually all functions are fully supported with just GeForce cards. So Quadro/Tesla/Titan cards are no longer a requirement. However I'm sorry to say that Daz Studio does not currently support sending image sequences to Iray Server for rendering (it was promised for a future update some years ago. But presumably a lack of demand pushed it to the backburner.) I suggest submitting a support ticket with Daz about it. The more interest people express in getting this feature implemented, the more chance there is that Daz's developers finally get around to it.

Thank you. I am open to other suggestions on how to do this?
  • pclarkepclarke Posts: 0

Surely this must be doable with some sort of 3rd party plugin/script to send to an iray server the series of images/frames in your timeline? However it would be nice if Daz3d added this functionality on their own...

• cdotdkcdotdk Posts: 23

pclarke said:

Surely this must be doable with some sort of 3rd party plugin/script to send to an iray server the series of images/frames in your timeline? However it would be nice if Daz3d added this functionality on their own...

+1 for this. Maybe someone with a bit of scripting insight could shed some light.

Or mayve a product such as RenderQueue could be made to do it. It already knows how to submit frames to the normal render 1 by 1, perhaps it wouldnt be a large stretch to have it send those frames to the bridge queue perhaps?