Eye pointers always reset on load

Without fail, when I load a scene, my figures' eyes have reset to a zeroed position, any "Point At" settings notwithstanding. I have to translate the figures to get the proper eye setting to register. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution for it? I'm just getting started with queued rendering, and I suspect it's going to muck things up mightily.

Comments

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Same for me ! I move the character or the pointed object to get the eye correct position. Then a ctrl-z to get the previous position with the eye correct.

If someone know the solution I'm also interested !

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

DS has had this problem since at least version 4.9, and it has yet to be addressed by the devs. Put in a ticket. Maybe if enough of us gang up on them they'll fix it.

• Good grief. That's a long time to leave a modeling bug that occurs without fail on every scene load in a piece of software whose purpose is to load scenes to be modeled. I'll request a refund on the render queueing software I just purchased and mention this as the reason. Is there a different place to open technical tickets, or is there only the one ZenDesk page?

Maybe I'll investigate scripting a solution, while I'm at it -- though that would only be useful for me if I could get it to run automatically on scene load without requiring user input.

Thanks for your help.

• Does the Look At Me Pose II solve this problem? I recently purchased the Man Fridays Render Que and was afraid that if I did like 5 renders and each had where I had the eyes pointing at a null, that the program (Man Friday) would not do the "jiggle" trick with the Null to correct the eye position. So my characters in my Render would come out looking cockeyed or not looking at the intended target. Just want to see if this will work before I purchase.