dForce Vellus Hair for Babina 8 not showing in render

Hey all,

Just bought dForce Vellus Hair for Babina 8. It is appearing in all of the preview types except for the Iray preview, and also doesn't appear in the actual render. All the display parameters except for 'show bones' are on. Please could someone help?

Comments

• billyroscobillyrosco Posts: 56
    edited February 2020

It is visible, but only really noticeable (I've seen in mine) if you're close enough. Try tweaking the lighting angles, maybe DOME ROTATION in the Render Settings "Environment" tab. I'll show you what I mean momentarily. 

Post edited by billyrosco on
  • I know what you mean as I've used other hair for the face and arms, but this hair is definitely not visible. Any idea what it could be?

• Hm. Though the Vellus Hair is listed as "for Babina 8", it can be used with other Genesis 8 figures. I haven't tried it with Gen 3 or others myself. Which figure are you using? What lighting sources?

• I've tried the genesis 8 standard figure and some other ones too. Also tried different lightings. :S

• I've managed to make it work. Had to use the script from the dForce Virgin Hair for Genesis 8, deactivating PR in viewport then reactivating it. Seems strange...

• That IS weird, I've never had to go to that much trouble for it to work. I've just applied it and BOOM, all good.

• I have exactly the same problem. Could you please explain me exactly what you did? Thanks!
  • Increase the Line Tessallation shuld do the work,by def the VP Line its zero,same problem like most of the dForce hair