Creating dim package tutorial?

I love using the DIM as I screwed up a couple times and had to wipe and reinstall Daz.  However I also have some files from another site (Unsure is mentioning differnet site names is a violation) that would be nice to use DIM for also.  Another thought was there are files I will install and uninstall from time to time to save space on my ssd drives.  Last I can unpack my 8 teen characters from said site then repack them into a single installer compatible with DIM. 

Is there a tutorial/tool for creating DIM installer packages?  Also since DIM checks with with DAZ for updates or if the package isn't a daz package will that cause issues?

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    I use this tool to create DIM compliant zip files. https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited May 2021

But how are we supposed to choose a "Package SKU - ID" ? I guess those numbers mean something and need to be chosen wisely ? 

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

The SKU - ID is only part of the identifier. There is the Source Prefix that can distinguish different stores. "IM" is the original for DAZ, I use RM for Renderosity, HW for Hivewire3D, etc. Together with the SKU from the original store, you will have a uniquely identified package.

I have re-packaged a few DAZ products, keeping the same SKU, but changing the ID part (e.g., from -01 to -02). I will see updates to the original and not lose any changes I made, and I can decide if I want to use the updated one, or make more changes. Never had a problem with invalid products. I keep third-party packages in a different folder and use a different DIM account offline (any dummy e-mail format will work). Online is useless for other stores, and you won't get disconnected. It keeps them apart, and doesn't add to the start-up scan if all were in the same place.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

Here is a link to Novica's excellent tutorial re how to use content package assist

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4582281/#Comment_4582281