Send in the Clones

Last week, I bought the Send in the Clones for Poser product here at Daz Studio; https://www.daz3d.com/send-in-the-clones-for-poser. It is an older product.

After much experimenting, I was able to get the Clone scripts into the right directory so that they showed in Poser Pro 11.2 via the Scripts menu. However, I cannot get the scripts to do anything. Has anyone used this product or know whether it works in Poser 11?  Poser 8?  Poser 9?

The vendor, Draagon Storm, provided no documentation with the product and, based on what I learned in another forum, died two years ago. The only documentation that I could find is a YouTube video () on using the product that the vendor uploaded in 2010. He created the same product for Daz Studio 3 and Daz Studio 4 along with a short PDF tutorial for each but no PDF tutorial comes with the product for Poser.

clones.jpg
384 x 500 - 138K

Comments

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

Has anyone had success with Send in the Clones for Daz Studio?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

IIRC Poser 11 uses a different version of Python than previous versions, so older scripts no longer work.

A user in the Poser Python forum at Renderosity suggested a short fixer script - AVFix - for older scripts that don't work in Poser 11.  So far, no success.  I've also tried, without success so far, to get Clones to run in Poser 9.

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 178

Note that there was a difference between Send In The Clones (props only) and Send In The Clones Pro (props and figures). There is also a DAZ Studio version.

Send in the Clones for Poser is said to work only with Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012 (i.e. the Pro version of 9), after the final service-release patch SR3 has been applied to the software. However, I've tried this, and still can't get my purchase working. The Daz Store offers two .ZIPs one for P8 and one for P9, and I am working with the scripts in IM00010836-01_SendInTheClonesforPoser9.zip which are the correct ones. The install of the scripts is correct. But Poser Pro 2012 SR3 64-bit just crashes every time, as soon as the chosen script launches.

I'm guess either it needs the 32-bit Poser Pro 2012 (that was the time when there was a 32-bit and 64-bit version, as well as Standard and Pro), and/or a 32-bit Python (?). But things have moved on.

If those suggestions doesn't work I guess you try the P8 version of the scripts with Poser 8 / Poser Pro 2010... if you can.

Martirilla said:

Note that there was a difference between Send In The Clones (props only) and Send In The Clones Pro (props and figures). There is also a DAZ Studio version.

Send in the Clones for Poser is said to work only with Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012 (i.e. the Pro version of 9), after the final service-release patch SR3 has been applied to the software. However, I've tried this, and still can't get my purchase working. The Daz Store offers two .ZIPs one for P8 and one for P9, and I am working with the scripts in IM00010836-01_SendInTheClonesforPoser9.zip which are the correct ones. The install of the scripts is correct. But Poser Pro 2012 SR3 64-bit just crashes every time, as soon as the chosen script launches.

I'm guess either it needs the 32-bit Poser Pro 2012 (that was the time when there was a 32-bit and 64-bit version, as well as Standard and Pro), and/or a 32-bit Python (?). But things have moved on.

If those suggestions doesn't work I guess you try the P8 version of the scripts with Poser 8 / Poser Pro 2010... if you can.

I turned my attention to this yesterday again after a long break and tried to see if I could find a way forward but could not.  I updated my post in the Renderosity forum that I made at the same time that I posted here.  All that I had to say was that after three years, I was still not finding success with the product.  I was testing in Poser 11 Pro yesterday both with and without using AVFix.  I think I had tried using Poser 9 in the past but had no success there either.  In each case, Send in the Clones crashed Poser.  I was able to decompile the compiled Python script using a web site that decompiles for free.  This enable me to review the code for any possible avenue that could be a fix.  I'm not a programmer but I have studied several programming languages including Python.

One of the lines of code at the end of the Clones script reads to display a message about a prop is needed for the scrip to work.  When I launch the Clones scrip in Poser with nothing selected, the message is displayed in a Python editor pop-up window.  That tells me that the Clones script has been launched.  Where it fails after that, I do not know.

Your thoughts about needing a 32-bit version of Poser are interesting.  I do have Poser 8 but it’s not currently installed on any of my computers; I have not been able to determine online today whether it is 32-bit or not.

I have UltraScatter Pro for Daz Studio so I can use that to do the same thing that Clones would do and then take the results into Poser.