DIM's Last Update Messed It Up

JDK8012JDK8012 Posts: 41

The last update I got for the Daz Install Manager messed it up. Now when I hit the start button it just closes out in a CTD with no error log or anything. Anyone else experience this?

I have had the manager on this computer since Christmas of 2018 (when I bought it) and I routinely download free content and some bought items biweekly. I know it was working perfectly until the last update.

Weirdly, when I trouble shot it, and checked compatability it said it runs on Windows 8. I've been on Windows 10 the whole time I've owned this computer, so that means Daz's site downloaded a Windows 8 version the first time I downloaded it from the site on this machine.

How do I even get to the manager DL page again? Would it be in my content page? If I go to it is there a Win 10 version I can select? Thanks in advance to any responders.

Post edited by JDK8012 on

Comments

• JeniMorrisJeniMorris Posts: 147
    edited February 2020

I am having similar issues on a new computer with Win10 on it...when I try to log into DIM or DAZ Connect (within Studio), the programs simply terminate.
    No warning, no error screen-they just shut down.

Paths are correct, everything is linked correctly-DIM just doesn't work on my new laptop ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Post edited by JeniMorris on
  • The notice I get when attempting to login, DIM displays something about my login being incorrect - name or password. No issues before the update but now, I can't login on my windows 10 desktop. Have older laptops that I don't update windows 10 ( for years) DIM works fine on them even after updating DIM to latest version.
  • JDK8012JDK8012 Posts: 41
    edited February 2020

I am having similar issues on a new computer with Win10 on it...when I try to log into DIM or DAZ Connect (within Studio), the programs simply terminate.
    No warning, no error screen-they just shut down.

Paths are correct, everything is linked correctly-DIM just doesn't work on my new laptop ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

It was working just fine on mine. The last update narfed something.

corinthianscori said:

The notice I get when attempting to login, DIM displays something about my login being incorrect - name or password. No issues before the update but now, I can't login on my windows 10 desktop. Have older laptops that I don't update windows 10 ( for years) DIM works fine on them even after updating DIM to latest version.

Bugged, cause I'm a frequent flyer, and this is my first ever issue.

corinthianscori said:

The notice I get when attempting to login, DIM displays something about my login being incorrect - name or password.

We know that's not the case in reality, or you wouldn't be here telling us about it under your user name.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • JDK8012JDK8012 Posts: 41
    My DIM is still messed up.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited May 2020

try downloading the standalone installer for DIM (the blue download button).  First one is Windows, second is MacOS

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/50873/

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/50875/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

What security software are you running?