After Software Update Daz Studio Won't Open DUF Files

PipefoxPipefox Posts: 113

I am working on a Mac, and yesterday I downloaded a software update. My computer is now running Catalina version 10.15.3

Since that time Daz won't open any of my DUF/scene files. They're greyed out as though they were no longer compatible with the program.

I've tried installing the BETA public build and that didn't help either, I still can't open the files.

What can I do to solve this issue? 

Thank you so much to anyone who can help.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• PipefoxPipefox Posts: 113
    edited February 2020

Thank you for the links, Chohole. I guess I'm not the only person this has affected.

Post edited by Pipefox on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

Are you sure you're using the beta? It's a separate install from the general release, it won't replace it.

• Can you open DS, create a new scene and save it? Using primitives and shaders since you can't open .duf's?

Thank you so much Leana. I'm a silly person, I mistakenly thought the BETA stuff was an update to the original program and didn't realize it was a different install and that I'd be working with a different program intirely. I found the Beta version and got it to open my DUFs. :)

And yes, kenshaw, in the original non-Beta version that's giving me the issues, I can start a new scene and save it, but then I can't open the file I just saved!

Thank you for your help, guys I'm grateful!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    edited February 2020
    Pipefox said:

Thank you so much Leana. I'm a silly person, I mistakenly thought the BETA stuff was an update to the original program and didn't realize it was a different install and that I'd be working with a different program intirely. I found the Beta version and got it to open my DUFs. :)

Nothing silly there, that's actually quite common for people who install the beta for the first time to think it replaces the general release, hence why I asked.

Glad it works now :)

Post edited by Leana on
  • Pipefox said:

And yes, kenshaw, in the original non-Beta version that's giving me the issues, I can start a new scene and save it, but then I can't open the file I just saved!

Thank you for your help, guys I'm grateful!

Mac may have the file association messed up. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945
    edited February 2020

Are you running the Catalina OS on the Macintosh? I've heard of problems like this that are fixed in the Daz Studio Beta release. Since you can open files in the DS Beta, but not the DS release, I suspect Catalina is your problem. Chohole linked a discussion about the Catalina problems in her message above.

Post edited by barbult on

You're right, Barbult, Catalina is indeed the cause. The problems started right after I updated my OS. I'll read over the discussion in the link and keep using Beta in the mneatime. Thank you! :)

• I use Catalina and didn't have a problem opening .duf files in DazStudio.

But after I installed the Beta version my .duf files do open in Beta and not in my original DazStudio anymore.