Urban Skateboard - Poses not loading.

billyroscobillyrosco Posts: 56

I bought the Urban Skateboard set, and am trying to use it with the figure, Pixel HD. She is a Genesis 8 figure, and these poses are for Genesis 8, so there shouldn't be an issue normally.

I'm getting the error message: "An error occured while trying to read the file. Please see the log file for more details."

The log says: "2020-02-08 17:30:14.348 Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found.
2020-02-08 17:30:14.348 Error reading file, see log for more details."

So I'm guessing there is something wrong with my installation, with the downloaded files, or with the product, I'm just not sure which. Maybe I should delete and redownload, THEN reinstall?

UPDATE: I went into Install Manager, deleted the whole package, redownloaded, then reinstalled, and I'm still getting the same error message.

Post edited by billyrosco on

Comments

• They are, I beleive, Hierarchical presets - they need the correct relationship between the figures. Tyr parenting Pixel HD to the skateboard, and if that works parent the skateboard to Pixel HD.

• They are, I beleive, Hierarchical presets - they need the correct relationship between the figures. Tyr parenting Pixel HD to the skateboard, and if that works parent the skateboard to Pixel HD.

Thank you for the response! 

I did as you suggested, parenting the skateboard prop to Pixel HD (and I also tried default G8F). I tried it both ways, parenting to the figure, or the figure to the skateboard prop. The prop moved into the proper position, but the figure did not, and simply remained in 'T-Pose'. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Someone else had the same problem a few weeks ago. I believe they succeeded by fitting the figure to "Board"

• NorthOf45 said:

Someone else had the same problem a few weeks ago. I believe they succeeded by fitting the figure to "Board"

Hi North, you're right; I looked up "Urban Skateboard" in the forums and didn't get that topic, but I tried it and it worked.

The solution is to parent your figure to the 'Board', instead of 'Skate 01'.

Thank you both for your answers.

• KitanjiKitanji Posts: 33

I did a search for exact same thing as it wasn't indicated on the Product Page of parenting the figure to the board, nor is the any documentation included with the asset.   I wish DAZ would allow vendors to include the "readme" file on the Product page.  

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 415

Thank you, this thread has helped also :)

• And thank you from me also.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Kitanji said:

I did a search for exact same thing as it wasn't indicated on the Product Page of parenting the figure to the board, nor is the any documentation included with the asset.   I wish DAZ would allow vendors to include the "readme" file on the Product page.  

Old post, but If you have the free DAZ deals plugin, the readme is linked on the product page