Copy and paste a pose?

Is it possible to copy (not save) and paste/apply a pose? For instance copying the arm pose of a character and paste it to another (in the same scene)?

Comments

• Yes, There are Copy and Paste sub-menus in the Edit menu (I don't, however, think there's a way to copy from a bone and its children and/or paste to a bone and its children - it's the whole figure or the selected nodes only, so in your example you would need to select all of the arm bones.

• mlominymlominy Posts: 218

Thanks Richard.

After selecting a bone, is it in the Parameter tab or in the Posing tab that I should make a copy?

Also, there are two sub-options: Copy Figure & Copy Selected Item(s)...

I've tried to use them but without success...

• You could copy from either, but you would want to paste to selected items since you want to affect only a part of the figure. The Copy command is in the Parameters pane option menu, and I assume the Posing though I always close that, or in the main Edit menu.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, There are Copy and Paste sub-menus in the Edit menu (I don't, however, think there's a way to copy from a bone and its children and/or paste to a bone and its children - it's the whole figure or the selected nodes only, so in your example you would need to select all of the arm bones.

Sir, I just wanted to say "Thank you." Time and time again, I run a Google search for an answer to a question I have and, more often than not, you are in the thread and answering it.

I don't know if you get thanked enough, but I just had to say it myself. yes So, thanks! 

• Thank you.

• VolvoB10MVolvoB10M Posts: 134

I have tried using this but going to paste pose options are greyed out, why are these locked even after changing much of the positions from the last package pose used?

• What was selected when you copied, and what tool was active? Which copy command ddi you use? Are any of the Paste options live?

• Save As -> Pose Preset

Select another figure and manually double-click file.

• pazlenpazlen Posts: 25

In 4.21:

Select Character with pose you want in the scene

Edit -> Copy -> Copy Figure 

Select the figure to recieve the pose

Edit -> Paste -> Paste Figure Pose