SOLVED: Wearable Preset Not The Same as When Saved

I'm creating a pair of heels for G8F.  I'm following the guide from Allen Wenfeldt on working with G3F (youtube) and making a few modifications:

• I remove the weights from each toe, the toes group, and the metatarsals.  I apply the now missing weights to the foot.  The foot map now covers most of the shoe, except where the shin has influence.
  • In order to model the shoes easier, I initially pose the thigh bends to 8 inward, and 8 inward twist.
  • Once the shoes are fit to the figure, I restore the default pose and export an .obj for updating the base geometry.  This puts the shoes in the G8 default pose.
  • I added a zeroed jcm to eliminate a jcm that was driven by moving the big toe.

I get to the point of "Saving out a Wearable Preset" around the 27 minute mark.  When I attempt to load the wearable, the toe area is warped.

Original, pre-save, version is shown in WearableProblem1.jpg.  Now I only have access to WearableProblem2.jpg.  After closing Daz, even my previous saves have this geometry distortion.

I feel like I have to be doing something wrong given the vast amount of high heel content available in the store.  Any thoughts, ideas, help, etc is appreciated.

WearableProblem1.JPG
485 x 486 - 31K
WearableProblem2.JPG
447 x 470 - 28K
Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• Did you save the blocking morph in the shoes as a morph asset before saving the preset?

• Yes.  After saving as a support asset, but before saving the wearable preset.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited January 2020

Does the shoe have collision on, for the model? It shouldn't... Shoes are normally "rigid", and don't normally deform to take the collision-form of a foot, like a sock would be expected to do. The foot would actually deform to the shoe, not the other way around. (Leaving depressions in the skin, from the straps as an example. Not expanding the shoe to the body/skin shape.)

However, it is a sign that the collision is being applied before the morph deformation, which is just displaying the toes in the new location, as opposed to applying the deform after the morph/adjustment. Like her toes are still bent down, when the shoes are applied, which they technically are. Can you change the order of the preset? (Bend first, apply shoe, then the deform would still happen, but be in the correct collision location to what is displayed.) Sorry, I don't know the exact procedure to do, exactly what it is that you are doing. Seems like the shoe would actually have to be unbent, to the bone-position of the un-bent foot, when first applied. Then bend it back to the desired position, just after, to retain the "final render collision calculation". Since the toes are obviously in the unbent position at the calculation point, which you then move them to be in a new spot, afterwords. But the shoes are already calculated at that point. {Sounds right in my head}

Eg, I would have made the shoe, around the "bent bone" of the foot. But noted the bend-value. Then, unbent the shoe, after it was made, which will look totally wrong, but needed, so it matches the foot bone and form, as it is applied. Then simply bent the toes and shoe back, with a morph, which now places them both in the correct position at once. Because, it is as if the shoe was made with unbent bones, and then you try to bend the toes up, without bending the shoe-tip up also, so it is virtually "down", when it is "up", as it is displayed. Which is what the collision implies. (If you visually hide that model and put a default one without the toes bent, in the same spot... I would bet that her toes are just behind the deformations. If you add shoes, but not parented to the model, I would think that you would then see the tips of her toes poking through the bottoms of the shoes where the deformations are. Which would also confirm it.)

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • soup.sammich15@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 31
    edited January 2020

@ Richard Haseltine: Wait, I may not be understanding correctly.  By "save as morph asset" do you mean import it through Morph Loader Pro, or do you mean Save As> Support Asset > Morph Asset?  Because I did the former, but not the latter.

@ JD_Mortal: There is no smoothing or collision settings enabled for either G8F or the shoes at this time, so unfortunately that does not fix my predicament...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,395
    edited January 2020

@ Richard Haseltine: Wait, I may not be understanding correctly.  By "save as morph asset" do you mean import it through Morph Loader Pro, or do you mean Save As> Support Asset > Morph Asset?  Because I did the former, but not the latter.

The latter, saving an actual morph asset.

Post edited by Leana on
  • I definitely did not.  I'm assuming that might be part of my issue, then?

• Yes, it's a long-standing thing that unaved morphs sometimes act (or fail to act) oddly on reloading - certainly for scenes, but I would not be surprised if it affected other presets used to load content.

• soup.sammich15@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 31
    edited March 2020

I found the issue!  Changing the shoes pJCMToesUp_60_(L/R) and pJCMFootDwn_75_(L/R) from Modifier/Pose/Generated to Modifier/Pose in the Parameter Settings resolves the issue!  No need to include any additional morphs as mentioned in the first post.

Thanks to everyone for your help!