Difficulty with Classic Fur Cape by the3dwizard

ac_mr_blondeac_mr_blonde Posts: 100

Hello all, I recently got the classic fur cape package (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-classic-fur-cape-for-genesis-8), and I cannot get the fur to render.  I am certain this is because of me in some way, but I can't figure it out.

Has anyone else used this product and maybe has a pointer or two?  Here's what I am experiencing.

• I add the cape object to the scene.
  • Select materials for it (just using the default as a test)
  • render for iray... i see the cape and the basic materials selected, but neither of the fur surfaces are there.  I can see them in the surfaces pane, and see them update when i switch materials, but they don't render (and, in fact, the render doesn't update when i switch, making me think that the renderer doesn't even know something has changed.
  • in texture shaded mode, i can see the fur noodles just fine, so i know they are there.

Any help would be appreciated!

Texture Shaded.JPG
981 x 1115 - 112K
Iray render.JPG
979 x 1122 - 40K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Which version of DS do you use, and is that an actual render or just Iray preview?

The fur is dForce Hair, which means that you need at least 4.11, and by default it will only appear in full renders.

• Leana said:

Which version of DS do you use, and is that an actual render or just Iray preview?

The fur is dForce Hair, which means that you need at least 4.11, and by default it will only appear in full renders.

Facepalm.  I had no idea hair didn't show up in preview.  It's fine when I do an actual render.  

Lol - issue identified between chair and keyboard.

Thank you!

• Moved to Technical Help as it is a question about an existing product, not a Product Suggestion.

• Hi all,

I am using this existing older post for the exact same problem, but in final renders.

This goes for products (so far):
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-classic-fur-cape-for-genesis-8
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-real-fur-poncho-for-genesis-8

Yes, I know, the fur does not show in preview.
    But it does also no longer render in final renders.
    At least for me it does not for quite a while now.

See below a scene I did last year in Jan 2020 with latest DAZ and nVidia drivers at that time. Everything was fine.
    And the screenshot shows what I get today.
    I checked render settings back and forth, changed materials for different tests.
    All without any other outcome. The fur just won`t render.

I am out of clues on what to do.

Config:
    Windows 10 64bit
    DAZ 4.15.02 64bit
    nVidia 466.11, latest game ready driver (but did also not work for previous driver versions)

Screenshot 2021-04-16 133121.png
    2607 x 1432 - 2M
    DerAuftrag_00_vonGreifenstein.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
  • Capolivero said:

Hi all,

I am using this existing older post for the exact same problem, but in final renders.

Did you ever get this solved? I had a similar issue with LAMH after one of the updates. I had to re-create the fur assets. Not certain if the cloak product works the same way or not.