Clearing dforce simulation on one item while leaving the others?

Sometimes I'll use more than one dforce item for a scene, let's say a blanket and some hair. I run dforce on the blanket, and get it just how I want, freeze sim, but then I need to simulate the hair. The blanket stays, but I don't get the hair right, so I've got to clear siumulation and do it again... but that will reset the blanket, even with freeze sim on.

At this stage, when I get something with dforce posed right and something wrong, I just reload the scene to where the blanket is right so I don't need to simulate again. Is there another way? Is it safe to remove a dforce modifier from something already posed? Thank you!

Comments

• If you want to rerun the simulation on the hair just do so, that will clear any existing simulation.

• If you want to rerun the simulation on the hair just do so, that will clear any existing simulation.

You're right, but that reminds me, the reason I use clear simulation is so that I can resposition the figure or anything else around the item's cleared state. Oftentimes I would not remember where the hair or cloth would start if not for clear simulation.

• Yes, you can do this. Select the item(s) you want to clear, Then in the Edit > Object > Geometry menu there's an option to "Clear dForce Simulation from Selected Item(s)."

• AnimAnim Posts: 241

You can also right click on "Simulation Setting pane ..." to reset simulation of only the selected items instead of all of them.

You can also right click on "Simulation Setting pane ..." to reset simulation of only the selected items instead of all of them.

Reset_Sim.png
    826 x 371 - 108K

Sorry double post.

• Yes, you can do this. Select the item(s) you want to clear, Then in the Edit > Object > Geometry menu there's an option to "Clear dForce Simulation from Selected Item(s)."

Anim said:

Thank you both! I'll try these out next time I need to.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited April 2020

Thanks @chris-2599934 and @Anim, super useful. 

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Anim said:

fantastic, was looking for a solution to this issue.