PTF Grungy Threads results

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi,

will this product:

https://www.daz3d.com/ptf-grungy-threads

change the design of the clothes or only add dirt? I am not sure about the previews, did they used clothes with morphs so they look destroyed? Got someone maybe this product and can show a before/after pic?

like this, are the pants destroyed because the script made it or are the cloths destroyed because its part of the clothes options?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

I don't owe the product, but I'm guessing that it consists of different textures (for the stains) and cut out masks for the ripped clothing. So applying the presets to different clothing will give you different results, given that UVs can differ greatly.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

Short answer, it does not alter the item's geometry, it uses transparency maps. There was a discussion about this just a few weeks ago: ptf grungy threads

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

I am still not sure if I understand it correct, not even from the thread...

I dont even want that it change the item, I only want the look. So maybe its also good when it is just a shell. (btw. can you combine shells? Like one for tear,s one for dirt, one for blood one for wounds? from different scripts? Right now I was able to combine tears+wounds but maybe because the tears are applyed at the face, and the wounds to the torso).

So I can destroy all clothes, its not limited to items with preset textures for a destroyed look?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

The original items are not altered, just the look, as you say. Yes, you can have multiple geoshells. The root folder has several scripts (the ones that say "double click me") that open detailed instructions with your default picture viewer that explain how to use and combine the different elements. The tricky part is that the graphics used for the stains and tears are not aware of the UV mapping of the target items, They literally overlay one image map over the other, so sometimes the effect needs to be offset and/or tiled to make it apply to the appropriate area of the target's bitmaps. With the UV View in the Aux Viewport, you can see where in that square the stain or tear needs to be.

Thanks.

• Moved to rechincal Support as it is not a Product Suggestion

edited February 2020

I bought it now with the March madness :D

And it works! and it have a lot tipps how to make it better, but the 1click is also nice for playing around :)

The dungarees doesn't have a destroyed look normally aviable, but with this little addon it works ^_^

and with that: Question solved, Thread complete :3

2020-02-28 00_03_49.jpg
    1161 x 620 - 261K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

how do you use this product? I got the rips on the clothes but nothing else. If i apply grunge the rips go away. If i apply geoshell everything goes away.