MMX Blended Dual Lobe Hair Shader Resource Pack for Iray Not Installing

I've purchased MMX Blended Dual Lobe Hair Shader Resource Pack for Iray and it's not installing via the Install Manager.  I'm wondering if other folks are having this problem.  It downloads fine, but Install Manager passes it over.  When selecting the product for install and clicking on Start Queue Install Manager hangs.  I've reinstalled Install Manager with the same results.

Scott

Comments

• Seeing same. DIM is hanging after downloading hits 100%

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

I should add that other products download and install just fine.

Scott

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

I dont use DIM to install and I only just saw this.  I have emailed Daz3D just now to double check the issue.

Sorry for the inconviences and thank you very much for your support.

Mattymanx said:

I dont use DIM to install and I only just saw this.  I have emailed Daz3D just now to double check the issue.

Sorry for the inconviences and thank you very much for your support.

Thank you!  I should have opened a ticket on this, so it's not on you, it's on me.  I love your hair shaders and have several other of your products, it's great to see you go the extra mile.  Thank you, again! 

Scott

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited January 2020

I forgot about this, but I've had it fail.

I recon its the install path being too long depending on which library and where it is. I only use DIM.

I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Edit: I did get it installed, but during my tests; copy the files manually gave me an error install path too long.

Post edited by nicstt on

Can anyone get it to work if they download the zip and then use 7zip to unpack it to their library?

I always use 7zip for packing and unpacking so it may handle the name length better.

• lcfarlcfar Posts: 88

I also couldn't get to install via DIM, but I was able to install manually using 7-Zip.

lcfar said:

I also couldn't get to install via DIM, but I was able to install manually using 7-Zip.

Thats good to know.  Thank you.

I was able to use 7-Zip successfully, as well.  

Thank you again for taking the time to look into this!

Scott

• HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 85

Not sure if I need to create my own thread for my tiny Q but How can you tell a Hair is compatible with this texture/shader resource ?

Tested this on G8M Cristo Hair and all it did was make everything white and shiny ? Just didnt have much time to test others yesterday, can do so later today.

Side-Q: why are the other set of folders suffixed with"-i" ? (Purple-i, Yellow-i...etc)