'Evolution: Muscularity' for Genesis 2 figures

ziga.razborsekziga.razborsek Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I would like to know if someone is going to make 'Evolution: Muscularity' for Genesis 2 figures sometimes in near future? Or maybe some sort of soft-body simulation option? Humans have muscles so at least an approximation would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Azure_ZeroAzure_Zero Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

I would like a Genesis 2 Evolution: Muscularity product as well

• atlee-2000atlee-2000 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I am waiting and hoping for the release of this product. Hopefully in the March Madness!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328
    edited December 1969

Sign me up, too!

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited February 2014

Waiting on DAZ Evolution Muscularity to make Genesis 2 Alive, with HD technology things can look much better. I'm not certain Daz will make this product but they usually do, if they take too long I might go ahead and do my own muscle morphs. Hope they do theirs first though, less work for me.

Post edited by SimonWM on
  • AscinctAscinct Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

I too would love it if this product was made! Would make it easier to adjust bicep muscles. At the moment we can only adjust the arm thickness!

edited December 1969

Ascinct said:
    I too would love it if this product was made! Would make it easier to adjust bicep muscles. At the moment we can only adjust the arm thickness!

I have exactly the same problem. I'd like to do fine adjustments to individual muscles - especially the biceps and shoulder muscles.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Muscle morphs for Genesis 2 have been requested many times now. But noone seems to know anything about them.

On the other side, Gen4 had muscle morphs, Gen5 had them too. So we can still hope that Gen6 will also get them.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sign me up too.....with Flexion please.

• Azure_ZeroAzure_Zero Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

Bumping this, as I would really love to see this made.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bumping this, as I would really love to see this made.
    You can bump all you like but I do not think that will get a PA to work faster or harder if one has even started to do the sets yet. Keep in mind the G2 is two figures and will require a set for both figures as the meshes are just a bit different on each. I fully expect to see Muscles for the G2F long before we do the G2M just because the G2F is selling more sets and content. So I'll just wait.. Bumping is not gonna do a thing as far as I can see.
  • IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

^^It's far less necessary for G2M anyhow. The major complaint here is that Gia doesn't have realistic muscle proportions on her arms, as she was designed as a fantasy/anime/Marvel/etc. model. Such characters typically have very muscular legs and chisled or semi-chisled arms and abs (but skinny waist which Gia doesn't have) in order to preserve femininity. This isn't something you only see in western Fantasy art or Marvel comics, BTW. It's in anime, too. Chun-Li and the other females in Steet Fighter are the most prominent example, but even the Dragon Ballz gals prior to the Buu (last) saga had a lot more leg musculature compared to lightly muscled arms.

Again, the skinny arms, neck, and waist + medium to large breasts are done to keep a feminine look which many male fans still find sexually appealing with some variation (how chisled the female's legs are depends on personal tastes-- some artists make the entire thigh chiseled while others like to keep the outer thigh bulky but soft/undefined)

Like everyone else here, I would also very much like to see muscle morphs for G2F-- I am much less interested in them for G2M though I'd definitely pick them up (I use male characters a lot, but as I said at the beginning, G2M is in less of a need of muscle morphs-- Gianni, Boris, and even Lee6 are all pretty beefy and well-proportioned, already.)

edited December 1969

Yes, this is in the works since DAZ has taken a long time to do their own I went ahead and started my own product. Morphs are already done just working on another project at the moment but will resume work on this soon.

edited December 1969

Simon,

This is the best news I've heard so far this hour. Well done! I will eagerly await further developments.

Cheers,

Alex.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,553
    edited December 1969

Good to hear Simon. Does it also include the flexion-type options? That is what I use the most out of the muscularity sets since I use them in every render.

edited October 2014

Good to hear Simon. Does it also include the flexion-type options? That is what I use the most out of the muscularity sets since I use them in every render.

That's the intention but those I still have to create and rig. Those are a small group, not as many as all the other ones I've finished.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864
    edited December 1969

That would be nice to have as well as some elite skins like the ones for V4 and V5.

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

Awesome Simon, that is truly awesome to hear! A hearty thank you from me, and I'm sure, everyone else in this thread.

• twitchewtwitchew Posts: 123
    edited December 1969

Simon - Thank you for taking this on, you really understand how these things should look.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Awesome looking forward to this. :)

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554
    edited December 1969

Ooh this is encouraging, just posted about something like this here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38392/P120/#724105

Just to highlight, though I liked the evolution muscularity of genesis it was too subtle (not enough range for muscle bulk/flex) and something like the Boris HD morphs would be fantastic!

edited December 1969

tigerste said:
    Ooh this is encouraging, just posted about something like this here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38392/P120/#724105

Just to highlight, though I liked the evolution muscularity of genesis it was too subtle (not enough range for muscle bulk/flex) and something like the Boris HD morphs would be fantastic!

As long as the detail is in the surface like with an HD Model like Boris, the morphs will be able to move the skin and in some cases add detail depending how strong they are dialed. There are about 200 (left and right) morphs that move/contract sections of the morph. Double that number since Genesis 2 is divided in Male and Female. Quite an undertake but it is progressing nicely. Hopefully before the end of the year or very shortly after. Would have been ready before this time but another project that had a set deadline got me taken away from this project for the past month.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Patiently waiting for this :) Looks like there will be quite a bit to play with.

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    tigerste said:

As long as the detail is in the surface like with an HD Model like Boris, the morphs will be able to move the skin and in some cases add detail depending how strong they are dialed. There are about 200 (left and right) morphs that move/contract sections of the morph. Double that number since Genesis 2 is divided in Male and Female. Quite an undertake but it is progressing nicely. Hopefully before the end of the year or very shortly after. Would have been ready before this time but another project that had a set deadline got me taken away from this project for the past month.

Hi Simon, how's it progressing? Hope everyone is enjoying the festive season :)

edited December 1969

Happy Holidays! The sets are out of QA and ready to release, just waiting for DAZ marketing to assign a date.

edited December 1969

tigerste said:

This really is a great character and I used the HD details in this Gianni render here: http://tigerste.deviantart.com/art/Gianni-HD-497741383

Whilst I understand that the JCM's are tied to the morph, I wonder if Smay would be interested in creating a similar set for M6 or G2M that focuses purely on musculature and body details, kinda like the Genesis Evolution: Muscularity?

Given there is no such set for G2M and the Genesis set was too subtle, I think something in line with the quality of Boris would be extremely popular!

Tigerste, its important to realize that individual muscle placement differs a bit from full body morph to full body morph, that's why sometimes if you mix Gianni with Lee, at certain poses the abs will deform weird. There is a reason why the Genesis Evolution Muscularity Morphs are subtle and why Boris doesn't plays that well with other FBMs.

When Smay demoed Boris I was eager to try it with Michael 6 SWOLE but once I bought Boris I realized they don't work good together. The more detailed individual muscle morphs are the less compatible with other full body morphs the product will be. This becomes even worst when you mix HD products. Its like having two sets of very detailed drawings superimposed, you end up with a mess.

Your Gianni picture shows a bit of this happening, his second row of abdominals have a very noticeable second line in the upper division since both abdominal morphs don't line up perfectly.

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:

Tigerste, its important to realize that individual muscle placement differs a bit from full body morph to full body morph, that's why sometimes if you mix Gianni with Lee, at certain poses the abs will deform weird. There is a reason why the Genesis Evolution Muscularity Morphs are subtle and why Boris doesn't plays that well with other FBMs.

When Smay demoed Boris I was eager to try it with Michael 6 SWOLE but once I bought Boris I realized they don't work good together. The more detailed individual muscle morphs are the less compatible with other full body morphs the product will be. This becomes even worst when you mix HD products. Its like having two sets of very detailed drawings superimposed, you end up with a mess.

Your Gianni picture shows a bit of this happening, his second row of abdominals have a very noticeable second line in the upper division since both abdominal morphs don't line up perfectly.

Hi Simon, good news! Whilst I appreciate the constructive critiscism, the abdominal line you speak of isn't actually coming from mixing Gianni morphs with Boris morphs, but mostly from the Boris HD details - you can see it in one of Smay's main promos. This particular image didn't use any of the Boris morph at all just the HD details. I'm also not a fan of the exaggerated ribcage on Boris but all in all its a very high quality product with amazing attention to detail.

edited December 2014

tigerste said:
    SimonWM said:

Hi Simon, good news! Whilst I appreciate the constructive critiscism, the abdominal line you speak of isn't actually coming from mixing Gianni morphs with Boris morphs, but mostly from the Boris HD details - you can see it in one of Smay's main promos. This particular image didn't use any of the Boris morph at all just the HD details. I'm also not a fan of the exaggerated ribcage on Boris but all in all its a very high quality product with amazing attention to detail.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. That line looks good in Boris because it defines his abdominals but in Gianni looks out of place. In this case as you explain is HD morph(Boris) with non HD morph (Gianni). And I agree Smay did excellent work as usual.

Overall your image looks nice and that is something that can be corrected with minimal postwork. I'm only trying to illustrate a point that HD morphs don't transfer perfectly between Full Body Morphs so an HD morphs muscle product will be less compatible between FBMs than a muscle product that deals more with volumes than details.

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    Happy Holidays! The sets are out of QA and ready to release, just waiting for DAZ marketing to assign a date.

Merry Christmas, Simon. This is my most eagerly awaited product of 2015.

Cheers,

Alex.

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

I got the set...but none of the "swallow" blocks work. I must be slipping up somewhere. Yes I have the muscularity morphs for Gen2.

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    I got the set...but none of the "swallow" blocks work. I must be slipping up somewhere. Yes I have the muscularity morphs for Gen2.

The swallow morphs are new morphs independent of the muscularity morphs. They come bundled with Genesis 2 Alive!. Look for the morph files:

PBMSwallow.dsf
    PBMSwallow1.dsf

They should have installed in:

Your Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\SimonWM\Genesis 2 Alive!
    Your Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\SimonWM\Genesis 2 Alive!