dForce not working - solved

Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

I had my hard drive replaced about a month ago, and they couldn't clone it so I had to re-install everything. I installed DS and the plugins with DIM, but most everything else with Daz Connect. Today I tried to usedForce, but it doesn't seem to work. The first time I tried to run it, it said it had to do something and might take a few minutes. After it finished, it seemed like it started to run, but at two seconds it said that it wasn't responding. I waited for a bit, but nothing seemed to happen. So I tried to cancel and then I could wait for the program to continue or close the program. I ended up closing the program. Then I restarted and tried again and it started the first step, but nothing seemed to be happening. So I closed the program again. Then I restarted and I tried to run dForce on a plane. I added two planes; one flat on the ground and another verticle in the air. To the one in the air I added dynamic dforce thing...can't remember what it was called. Then I pressed reset on the simulation panel and then I tried to simulate, but again I got the same result. Nothing seemed to be happening. The simulation dialogue box opened, but there were no yellow bars. So am I forgetting a step? Or did I not install something required? As I recall, when I tried the plane before almost immediately I saw yellow bars of activity and the plane dropped in seconds, but I waited minutes and got nothing.

Also, I originally installed the dForce starter essentials through Daz Connect but when it wasn't working, I uninstalled and then re-installed through DIM. But that didn't seem to change anything.

Thanks.

Post edited by Kev914 on

Comments

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

I think I figured it out. On the advanced tab, the OpenGL was set to my internal intel onboard graphics device. I switched this to my nVidea graphics device and now it seems to be working.

• KevinH said:

I think I figured it out. On the advanced tab, the OpenGL was set to my internal intel onboard graphics device. I switched this to my nVidea graphics device and now it seems to be working.

necroposting, but you saved my life!

• I'm really glad I saw this post. I was having the same problem.

• OMG Dude thank you... A bit long on the explanation side lol but it's alright. I always thought that this Daz feature was broken. People if you are reading this just know. 1: In the simulation settings tab 2: Click on the advance tab 3: in the drop-down menu under OpenCL Device: select your video card... BUM Fix. This post is awesome...

• fbellfbell Posts: 6

Thanks for this post. Never had that issue before last re-install, so I wasnt thinking to look there. Glad I found this post, resolved the issue indeed.

• RobertlRobertl Posts: 9

I just had the same problem and couldn't figure it out until I found this post, fixed the problem Thanks for starting this post.

• I'm having the same problem as KevinH_5255 had in the original post on this thread. I tried the same steps without success. The problem is that when I look in the advanced simulation panel, the only option on my installation is "opencl hd graphics intel(R) uhd graphics." I'm not sure why this is my only option because I'm rendering on my NVIDIA GeForceRTX 2070. I've been looking for a setting somewhere that will allow my GPU to show in my simulations setting, but so far no luck.

• dustdancer said:

I'm having the same problem as KevinH_5255 had in the original post on this thread. I tried the same steps without success. The problem is that when I look in the advanced simulation panel, the only option on my installation is "opencl hd graphics intel(R) uhd graphics." I'm not sure why this is my only option because I'm rendering on my NVIDIA GeForceRTX 2070. I've been looking for a setting somewhere that will allow my GPU to show in my simulations setting, but so far no luck.

I assume daz Studio is set to use the nVidia GPU in the nVidia Control Panel?I don't think that should matter, but it's one thing to check.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Richard Haseltine said:

dustdancer said:

I'm having the same problem as KevinH_5255 had in the original post on this thread. I tried the same steps without success. The problem is that when I look in the advanced simulation panel, the only option on my installation is "opencl hd graphics intel(R) uhd graphics." I'm not sure why this is my only option because I'm rendering on my NVIDIA GeForceRTX 2070. I've been looking for a setting somewhere that will allow my GPU to show in my simulations setting, but so far no luck.

I assume daz Studio is set to use the nVidia GPU in the nVidia Control Panel?I don't think that should matter, but it's one thing to check.

Also, make sure you are using drivers downloaded from Nvidia and not something Microsoft is 'updating' in W10. 

• You have saved my scaggy carcasse