Can't import OBJ into DAZ on Mac OS Catalina

I tried to import an OBJ file into DAZ Studio but couldn't select the file.

The OBJ files were not active and could not be selected.

I tested it on Windows computer and it worked.

I think it's just the issue on Mac.

How can I solve this problem?

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,859

.obj import is not a problem, I've done it 1000 times on OS X and so have all PAs on OS X.
    What OS version do you use?
    I guess you either run Catalina and there is some security settings prevents DS from reading that file either by type or from the directory. Does it still have the correct extension?
    If you select it and hit space, do you get a Finder Preview?

• DS 4.12.0.86 has an issue under Catalina with file selection dialogues offering multiple formats. This is resolved in the current Public Build, 4.12.1.40 https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

• LambdaXLambdaX Posts: 13
    edited December 2019

My OS version is 10.15.2 - the latest version of Catalina.

Yes, when I select the file and hit space bar I can see the preview.

I'm sure there is no problem of the file because I can import it into DS on Windows 10.

So I guess DS have a problem on Mac OS Catalina.

Maybe it's better for me to try again on DS beta build.

Post edited by LambdaX on
  • Have you tried the Public Build of DS, 4.12.1.40?

• hey I'm having the same problem? anybody found a solution?

• TimWiseTimWise Posts: 2

I wish. I can't open anything but Collada files. Everything else is gray and can't be selected. I can't even open Poser files in this version. I'm running Mojave (10.14.5) on my laptop. My older laptop will still open everything, so I'm going to have to use it to import and texgure anything until this problem gets solved. 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,859

I wish. I can't open anything but Collada files. Everything else is gray and can't be selected. I can't even open Poser files in this version. I'm running Mojave (10.14.5) on my laptop. My older laptop will still open everything, so I'm going to have to use it to import and texgure anything until this problem gets solved. 

The betas of 4.12.1 and the 4.12.1 release solves that (but accidently introduce some other issues)

• CantumMk2CantumMk2 Posts: 0

Drag and drop!

• ThorThor Posts: 43

Not limited to Catalina.
    4.12.0.86 on 10.11.6 (El Cap) - same problem.

CantumMk2 said:

Drag and drop!

This works. Thanks!