Laser Blade light effects

xavieratorxavierator Posts: 146

Dear,

With this reference: https://www.daz3d.com/the-universal-weapons-prop-and-poses-for-genesis-3-and-8

I see 2 problems (see the attached images):

- the laser blade is always yellow

- the reflected light on cyborg is too much bright, can the intensity be adjusted ?

Thanks, Xavi

LaserBladeDaz.jpg
258 x 574 - 64K
Post edited by xavierator on

Comments

• xavieratorxavierator Posts: 146
    edited November 2019

Sorry, the 2nd image

CyborgAndLaser.jpg
    462 x 800 - 84K
    Post edited by xavierator on
  • There are presets listed for different colours, or you can probably go into the Surfaces pane, select the blade's surface(s), and adjust the emissive properties to change colour and brightness.

• ok, It could be fine for brightness, but, how can it be that the laser sword emits correctly the red color to cyborg and shows another color?

Thanks

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

Hey,

In order to get the correct sci-fi effect:

Go to the folder 1-UWP and then Bloom Settings.  The six bloom settings will help you quickly adjust the look of the saber glow effect depending on the distance from the camera.  1 being the closest to the camera and 6 is far from the camera.

THe effect will not be seen if the background is transparent so please make sure "Draw Dome" is set to ON in the render settings tab under the environment tab.

To reduce the light intensity, Go to the surface tab and select the surface "Emitter-Blade" and scroll down and find Luminance.  It is set to 1500 by default.  Reduce it to 1000 and you should be fine.  Or reduce Luminous Efficacy from 500 to maybe 250 or less.

Luminance is the strength of the light.

Luminous Efficacy is the strength of the color.

• Perfect for Luminance settings.

Sorry, where is the folder 1-UWP ?, I only found Render Settings / Filtering / Bloom / Blomm Filter Enabled = OFF

Thanks, Xavi

edited November 2019

The folder called "Universal Weapons Prop and Poses" for each of the 4 supported figures has 4 sub folders.  The first one is 1-UWP and in that folder is the Bloom Settings folder for the product

So if you are using it for Genesis 8 Male, you will find it through this folder path:

"People > Genesis 8 Male > Poses > Universal Weapons Prop and Poses > 1-UWP > Bloom Settings"

2019-11-25_123457.png
    245 x 313 - 10K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Sorry again, I can't find People folder in Content Library tab :-(

Thanks

• Sorry again, I can't find People folder in Content Library tab :-(

Thanks

Are you looking in Daz Studio Formats>[content directory]>People>Genesis 8 Male>etc.

• Dear,

Ok, found, but the laser sword is always yellow.

Bloom settings only change the red reflected area.

How can I change the yellow color to red ?

Thanks, Xavi

DazBloomSettings.jpg
    334 x 401 - 53K
    Cyborg_LaserSword.jpg
    281 x 374 - 45K
    Cyborg_LaserSword-Bloom_01.jpg
    746 x 1176 - 487K
    Cyborg_LaserSword-Bloom_06.jpg
    734 x 1164 - 409K
  • Have you tried the colour presets? Bloom does not claim to change colour that I can see.

• If the laser sword appears red on viewport and to reflection, where can I change the yellow color for the render ?

Thanks

edited December 2019

The bloom effect does not show up unless you have a background image or set showing.  If the background is transparent, the bloom effect does not show up.

As Richard mentioned, the color changes with the color presets which are found in the Material folder for the product.  The center of the red blade will not appear pure red but the bloom effect around it will.

• Dear,

With a background the problem is the same, the laser sword is not red :-(

Thanks, Xavi

CDV-1.jpg
    641 x 1199 - 282K
  • Is there any bloom there?

• I'm rendering another scene since 2 more days, let me wait to check it

Thanks

Dear,

With a background the problem is the same, the laser sword is not red :-(

Thanks, Xavi

Hey Xavierator,

I am sorry, I did not understand your question properly.  To make the laser blade itself appear red in the render, go to the surface tab, select the blade surface and right below the Emission color, which is bright red, you will see "Emission Temperature (K)".  If you change that from 4000 to 1000 then the laser blade should look red when rendered.  Hope this is the answer you were looking for and that you have more fun with the product!  Thank you for your support.

• Dear,

Yesssss, better with Surfaces/Laser Sword/Emitter-Blade/Emission Temperature

Changing 4000 to 600 the laser changes from yellow to red

But the blade don't seems real, is only a red block, where is a gradient light or the blurred edges ?

Thanks, Xavi

DV-RED.jpg
    1028 x 1800 - 777K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,199

Have you checked your bloom settings?

• Bloom settings only change the reflected area, not the sword aspect

Thanks, Xavi

Do you have spot lights pointing at the figure or the auto headlamp on for the camera?

What are you using for lights in the scene?

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,383
    edited December 2019

I thought I would do a quick render and document what I did:  

1 loaded a Raiya character, dressed him, applied a dark HDRI for the scene and a catch light to highlight theyes, applied the universal tool and parented the laster staff. next, I changed the blade color and emission color of the staff from yellow to red. I finally addded the bloom setting from the Universal tool settings.

settings.jpeg
    1203 x 1231 - 336K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,383
    edited December 2019

here is the render

Sith.jpg
    1694 x 1261 - 196K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • Mattymanx said:

Do you have spot lights pointing at the figure or the auto headlamp on for the camera?

Only using distant light and no cameras

Mattymanx said:

When you say "no cameras". Does that mean you have actively switched off the automatic headlamp?

I checked, a distant light does switch off the automatic headlamp.

And bloom is still visible. So I think the problem is that bloom in general requires a dark image, or it will get washed out.

edited December 2019
    Mattymanx said:

Distant lights and spot lights are not the best choice as it can wash out the effects for the blade very easily.  I would highly recommend using HDRI lighting and mesh lights.

Try rendering your character in an actual set as well instead of a white background.

Have a look at this thread here - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306616/february-2019-daz3d-new-user-challenge-lighting - you amy find some useful tips on lighting.

• To fix the laser swords you just increase the color to darker. The base color is too bright, so if you use a darker red it will start looking more and more red.