Missing link to ZBrush

bekadrabekadra Posts: 0

Hi,
I recently switched to OSX 10.9.1 on a new SSD and installed DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro first and then installed ZBrush after a month or so .. Both software are working O.K. but the problem is “Send to ZBrush” command does not work .. I couldn’t find a way to teach DAZ Studio where the ZBrush app. is ..
Any suggestions ??
Thanks ..

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,844
    edited December 1969

Its been a while since I setup my ZBridge and I don't have OSX to know if there is a diff there but I do know in ZBrush you do have to setup the plugin and lead it to DAZ Studio. So that may be why it isn't showing in DS yet.

To do that, you go to Preferences - GoZ - and then I think you have to set the path to DS4...if you haven't done this yet, that may be the issue. If you have then I am not sure but hopefully someone maybe will come that has both your OS and DS4 that can check or help beyond this :)

• bekadrabekadra Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, in the interface tab of the preferences i can choose only "show options" or "don't show options" as options related to GoZ, and they're about exporting meshes, not the path to ZBrush, there is no way assigning a path to the ZBrush application using the preferences menu ...
    Any other ways ??

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,844
    edited December 1969

Are you looking at Preferences in the menu of ZBrush or DS...I was speaking of Preferences in ZBrush. Just making sure there isnt confusion...

Granted maybe it is in a diff spot in the MAC version of ZBrush?

If you dont see anything there...maybe you need to reinstall GoZ for DS then?

GoZ.jpg
    961 x 464 - 46K
    GoZOptions.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 282K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381
    edited December 1969

Did you install GoZ? It's a separate package, and if you are using the Install Manager you will need to set the path to ZBrush by clicking the gear icon to open preferences, then going to the applications tab, clicking + to add a new entry, and pick the application and set the path in the dialogue.

edited December 1969

ZBrush knows the path to DAZ Studio, it is already in its preferences, but DAZ Studio does not know the path to ZBrush ..!!

Yes, i've installed GoZ plugin to DAZ Studio and i can see it in the plugins list and it is active as well ..

I might think of one last incompatibility reason, and that is ;
    ZBrush for Mac is still an unfortunate 32 bit application, on the other hand i've installed 64 bit version of the DAZ Studio ...

Do you think that might be the reason ??

Thx ..

edited February 2014

ZBrush is 32 bit on both Mac and Windows - the plugin doesn't directly exchange data between sender and ZBrush so the bitness doesn't have to match. Try going to Window>Workspace>Select Layout to refresh your menus, that might be all that's needed.

Edit: rereading your posts it appears that the command is there, just not working. One solution may be to clear out the temporary files that GoZ creates - on Windows they are in C:\Users\Public\Pixologic4R4\GoZProjects\Default, and there are some preferences as text files in C:\Users\Public\Pixologic4R4\GoZBrush - try clearing out the projects (move, don't delete the files) and then restart DS and try sending to ZBrush; if that fails try moving the text files from the GoZBrush folder to a temp location and again launch DS.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard, i'll try the tweaks and see if it is working .. Will post the result, thanks again ..

edited December 1969

O.K. i've tried all the suggestions but nothing changed, i keep getting this message ;

(The attachment)

So, i give up, back to the traditional methods, export obj, import obj ..
    Thx for all the comments .. :red:

DAZerror.jpg
    420 x 131 - 33K
    edited December 1969

Did you have the ZBrush demo installed before installing the full version? At one point people were finding that that confused the issue.

edited December 1969

No, i've been using the licensed versions of ZBrush since 4.0, never installed the demo version ..
    On this new SSD with OSX 10.9.1, i first installed DAZ Studio through the Install manager and later on ZBrush 4.6 . No traces of old versions of any software at all ..

• inolinoinolino Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

rasso said:
    No, i've been using the licensed versions of ZBrush since 4.0, never installed the demo version ..
    On this new SSD with OSX 10.9.1, i first installed DAZ Studio through the Install manager and later on ZBrush 4.6 . No traces of old versions of any software at all ..

Same problems here: Fix for me: the directory and file rights where wrong. Check

/Users/Shared/Pixologic/

if you are allowed to write there. Maybe only "root" has access? So try to change it eg. by opening a terminal and do a

cd /Users/Shared/
    sudo chown -R YOUR_USER_NAME Pixologic/

which will fix the rights. But I still can't send my work back to DAZ - don't know how to fix it yet... no reimport dialogue :(

Cheers

• inolinoinolino Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

inolino said:

But I still can't send my work back to DAZ - don't know how to fix it yet... no reimport dialogue :(

I've figured it out...

After I had disabled the plugin, I had reactivated it again and then restarted DAZ Studio. And after that, all worked as expected.

• thanks that worked

• boumayboumay Posts: 31

None of the mentionned solutions on the forums worked for me.

• emotionaldreams2emotionaldreams2 Posts: 141
    edited May 2021

boumay saifffNone of the mentionned solutions on the forums worked for me.

same here. latest daz and zbrush. daz can not find zbrush. but zbrush finds daz fine

Post edited by emotionaldreams2 on