Problems with topology.

litow14litow14 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I got the Manga pack, morphs and a ton of other things. When I make an anime model in Daz like Aiko. The topology wraps around the body like a spiral. This makes the models about use less for animation. "perfect topology" is an objective thing. but this topology is beyond repair.

I don't want to buy any think more of Daz things because of this problem. So if some one can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Does Decimator for DAZ Studio fix these problems? Are there other anime like models that do not have these topology problems?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you detail the exact steps you're taking and post a screenshot of the problem? Is this Aiko 3, Aiko 4, or Aiko 5?

• litow14litow14 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Aiko 4..

I exported if from Daz to a FBX.
    I then imported it in to maya.

I tried to fix the topology by hand and it just pissed me off.
    So i tried to reduce the Tri count so I can make it easer.

I used Zbrush to take down the poly count.

First pic is of the mesh from DAZ in Maya. No edits have been done. The leg along with the rest of the mesh has some really messed up topology.
    Edge loops make S shapes?
    https://app.box.com/s/v5qu78627yk7xn78ggcj

This next pic is of the mesh after I tried to put the topology down in Zbrush. But it made a spiral down the leg or the body or some sort of crap.
    https://app.box.com/s/zrczj7n619s4t7ip8x01

I know that it is best for the topology to have a very good edge flow for Zbrush to do this right.

So is something like Decimator proven to drop the poly count with out it being all messed up? Or am I do something wrong along the way or is there a better way of doing things.

I just want to take the Tri count down to about 25k.

edited December 1969

I had to reinstall windows for installing SSDs. i was having a problem with daz not finding a system file. hope the reinstall will fix that. i have not yet fixed the topp problem.

Any one have an example model from Decimator based on Aiko 4?

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Since you are aiming at Victoria 4 base with Aiko 4, won't the level of detail scripts do the job? It should be selectable from the power loader if I recall correctly. I think the lowest level of detail gets V4 down to 17k.

edited December 1969

I'm sorry i don't know of power loader. Please explain or provide link on how to do this. In my mean time I will google. 17K would be just fine.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001
    edited December 1969

The PowerLoader option should be one of the packages with the base figure - it gives a dialogue box when you open the figure (directly from the library, not a saved scene) in DAZ Studio.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

You may need to load Aiko4.cr2 or Vicotria4.cr2 with ctrl key (windows)

because, if you had checked off (or default? I do not know) power loader option "Show this dialogue on import,"
    it directly load AIko4.cr2 without opening power loader window.

In power loader window , select Mesh resolution tab.
    then check on Lod Aiko4 from1K to 17K
    after that, you can select mesh resolution level in parameter tab >General>Mesh Resolution>Resolution Level
    (sub-D may only work when you select high resolution as Resolution Level)