Freezing Issues during render with the 4.12

2»

Comments

• edited February 2021

Well at 57% rendering of Moshi Toon kitty, for settings of CPU Load Limit of 8 Logical processors and 2560P Resolution size and using Battle Encoder Shirasé for 25%.

time 7;30 PM EST at 63% Rendering and not freezing up.

time 7:34 PM EST at 70% Rendering and not freezing up.

time 7:45 PM EST at 80% Rendering and not freezing up.

time 8:09 PM EST at 92% Rendering and not freezing up.

time 8:18 PM EST at 94% Rendering and not freezing up.

time 8:29 PM EST Finished rendering and not freezing up.

Post edited by commando991_70eecfd4fc on
  • RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

jcalebdesign said:

I have this exact problem and literally came in to make the same comment. I have a BEAST of a system too. In my case, everything is frozen, including the cursor however.

Yes! Same here, its not the specs on my machine that's causing the issue. I do think it may be a driver issue, I'm looking into that now but I got nothing man.

I get this too, but only when rendering with Post Denoiser enabled.  My machine isn't a beast beast, but it's a 3900X with 32Gb of RAM.  I suspect the graphics card here however, i.e. I have a 2070RTX, only 8Gb.  My hunch is enabling the denoiser uses a big chunk of video RAM and that this "freeze" happens somewhere in the driver when it runs out.  Weird thing is it's not user-space, as Microsoft Windows has a driver timeout facility to detect and reset crashes like this.  It has to be something a lot nastier, i.e. the driver is still pumping messages but has otherwise crashed (so Windows cannot detect the failure).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Are you using DS in offline mode or are you logging in when you start?

If you are logged in, I have understood that DAZ Connect will check for updates etc. whatever to mess with the smart content metadata, if it does while rendering, especially when having problems to connect... It will have an effect on other things going on in the computer.

• ahjelbelahjelbel Posts: 0

Solution: ok this thread is a bit older but I'll give You some hints. I had the same problem. Everything worked fine until Yesterday when I tried to render a scene it frozed up to the point where I had to make a hard reset. I worked on DAZ in the beginning when coprocessors where more important than graphic cards. The most important thing was then AND now, save Your scenes and above that, save as a new scene.

I made some mistakes: 1. I made a mistake and made a change and a transform in Blender, I revised that (good intended but not successfull). Secondly I made a mistake whith a skin, I tried to change the clour of certain regions but did not respect the boundaries and shape of the skin. thirdly I used an unsupported Hair. I rvised all of that. The point is: You can save as many as needed but when there is something in the backyard DAZ will try and change the opened file, no matter what You saved. This leads to crashes and refrigeration of Your PC.

You need to know: saving saving and saving as new scene is very important but be mindfull of the changes You make. It might be small but DAZ tries to reload and render this minor change everytime You open a file, even an old one. In my case it increased the breasts everytime I opened the file until the point......ok I'll spare this. Mhm I like big ones but in that case I did not changed them.

Another point is this: If You load and install certain unsupported items sometimes they come up with hidden cameras, light, propertys and what have Ya. I know, I know.....

The solution was: first delete the misfunctional Bodymorph, secondly reaname and change the changed skin to the original (You need to depend on the restraints of the skin), third save everything and reinstall DAZ3D

When You come to a point when it freezes you must make a cut.

I hope that helps ;-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,357

ahjelbel said:

Solution: ok this thread is a bit older but I'll give You some hints. I had the same problem. Everything worked fine until Yesterday when I tried to render a scene it frozed up to the point where I had to make a hard reset. I worked on DAZ in the beginning when coprocessors where more important than graphic cards. The most important thing was then AND now, save Your scenes and above that, save as a new scene.

I made some mistakes: 1. I made a mistake and made a change and a transform in Blender, I revised that (good intended but not successfull). Secondly I made a mistake whith a skin, I tried to change the clour of certain regions but did not respect the boundaries and shape of the skin. thirdly I used an unsupported Hair. I rvised all of that. The point is: You can save as many as needed but when there is something in the backyard DAZ will try and change the opened file, no matter what You saved. This leads to crashes and refrigeration of Your PC.

You need to know: saving saving and saving as new scene is very important but be mindfull of the changes You make. It might be small but DAZ tries to reload and render this minor change everytime You open a file, even an old one. In my case it increased the breasts everytime I opened the file until the point......ok I'll spare this. Mhm I like big ones but in that case I did not changed them.

That sounds as if you saved the morph as a morph asset with a non-zero value, which caused it to load that way. For Genesis 8 this is failr easy to fix - load the Dev Build version of the figure, zero the morph and its default value (click the gear icon on the slider>Parameter Settings), and use File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets, which should just update your morph.

Another point is this: If You load and install certain unsupported items sometimes they come up with hidden cameras, light, propertys and what have Ya. I know, I know.....

The solution was: first delete the misfunctional Bodymorph, secondly reaname and change the changed skin to the original (You need to depend on the restraints of the skin), third save everything and reinstall DAZ3D

When You come to a point when it freezes you must make a cut.

I hope that helps ;-)

• Same Problem here - Freezes on rendering even as low as 800 x 800.

Running Windows 11, updated drivers for Nvidia RTX 3070. (I have tried both gaming and rendering updates still freezes and non responding on both)

Rendering is no longer possible - even as low as 800 x 800. still ends up no responsive.

I tried lowering the priority too (thanks for that tip) - it worked once (only on resolution 800 x 800 and using only the Orc HD head (I hid the rest of the body)) but doesn't work anymore. System is just non responsive.

Any solutions yet please.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,357
    edited November 2021

Mark Page said:

Same Problem here - Freezes on rendering even as low as 800 x 800.

Running Windows 11, updated drivers for Nvidia RTX 3070. (I have tried both gaming and rendering updates still freezes and non responding on both)

Rendering is no longer possible - even as low as 800 x 800. still ends up no responsive.

I tried lowering the priority too (thanks for that tip) - it worked once (only on resolution 800 x 800 and using only the Orc HD head (I hid the rest of the body)) but doesn't work anymore. System is just non responsive.

Any solutions yet please.

Which version of Daz Studio? I assume not 4.12.x.x, which is what this thread was about.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on