Is there a way to disable Camera Move Hot Keys ?

Not sure this is a hot key issue, but...

I use a laptop with a track button in the center of the keyboard to move the cursor. The laptop keys are low, and it doesn't take much to trigger them.

Fairly often, when using the track button, my fingers will accidentally hit a nearby key, and the camera then either rotates or moves, often shifting to the left. The L key is right there, which makes me think it is a camera-move hot key. But pressing R, for right, doesn't change the camera back, and Cntrl Z has no effect, and, and, and... I lose my carefully planned camera position.

When doing multiple renders with an identical scene and camera position, this is really time consuming, having to reload an earlier scene and swap cameras, so I can get back to my original camera position. I could note my original camera translates, and restore from those numbers, but that is still an extra step and takes time, and attention, away from scene creation.

Is there a way to prevent or disable camera move hot keys?

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

As far as I know, there is not.

'Undo' is also ineffective for these hot keys, so if you accidentally hit one of these keys -- or a field such as the search field loses focus while you're typing in it, which happens fairly frequently -- then you're truly screwed.

I'be reported this issue to DAZ, but as far as I know, it hasn't been resolved.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,102

Shift-K

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,103

You could try locking the Parameters for the camera. I do that so I don't move the scene or zoom in to look at something if I forget to change to Perspective view.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,102

Couldn't edit the previous post for some reason, but here is a screenshot.

Shift-K.jpg
    396 x 118 - 52K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    Fishtales said:

You could try locking the Parameters for the camera. I do that so I don't move the scene or zoom in to look at something if I forget to change to Perspective view.

Same here.  It's a pain when you've spent time framing your shot and then forget to lock your camera. 

If anyone hasn't done this before, select the camera, then right click the parameters tab and go down to Lock, and then Lock this Node.  To unlock it's Shift+U by default.  I'm not sure if there's an easier way to lock the camera, other than creating a shortcut, but that works.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thanks, everyone!

Once again the forum community comes through in the clutch.

• WolfieWolfie Posts: 39

3WC said:

Couldn't edit the previous post for some reason, but here is a screenshot.

OMG THANK YOU! This issue has driven me crazy for so long, and I never even noticed that stupid button!! Having to close out a scene, and reopen it, because there's no undo for this, is the worst. Daz scenes take a DOG'S age to open!!  **goran**

~W