Mac problem: I reinstall DAZ but DIM doesn't allow to install PostgreSQL CMS

I used to manage to do so but not this time (4.12) Do anyone has an idea? I've read a lot but no one said PostSQL CMS couldn't install.

Screen Shot 2562-10-19 at 13.52.24.png
1354 x 1268 - 453K

Comments

• Which version of the Mac OS are you running?

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

Thank you Richard. It is Catalina.

• I thought the new DIM was working with Catalina, I do recall people having issues before the update, but yours seems to be current. All I can suggest is checking folder permissions.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,864

All I know from reading about 10.15 and reading developer info is that it has tightened security a couple of notches more, so even if you have admin rights (is authenticated) you will still not be able to do certain things.
    Do you have postgres installed for DS from before or is this a brand new installation?

I thought the new DIM was working with Catalina, I do recall people having issues before the update, but yours seems to be current. All I can suggest is checking folder permissions.

Thank you very much Richard.

Totte said:

All I know from reading about 10.15 and reading developer info is that it has tightened security a couple of notches more, so even if you have admin rights (is authenticated) you will still not be able to do certain things.
    Do you have postgres installed for DS from before or is this a brand new installation?

Yes, this is fresh installation of macOS but on the same machine. I have tried uninstalling Postgre (both files) and reinstall it many times. But many times may mean wrong method. I have asked support but has no reply yet.

iSeeThis said:
    Totte said:

Yes, this is fresh installation of macOS but on the same machine. I have tried uninstalling Postgre (both files) and reinstall it many times. But many times may mean wrong method. I have asked support but has no reply yet.

So Fresh OS install, DS was installed before then or did you wipe the disk?

Totte said:
    iSeeThis said:
    Totte said:
    So Fresh OS install, DS was installed before then or did you wipe the disk?

I had wiped the disk out before installing Catalina. Then I reinstall DAZ by means of using external ssd as library. Postgre CMS was there too. But I uninstall it via DIM then reinstall it (online). I used to be able to do so successfully. But not this time, Totte.

So it did uninstall correctly or not?
    Does DIM say anything of interest in the log files?
    You find them either in ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Install Manager/log.txt or via the config-cog in DIM then Show Log...
    if you do this:
    - Quit DIM
    - Rename the logifile from log.txt to old_log.txt (just in case)
    - Start DIM
    - Try install
    - Show log
    - Copy what it says that looks interesting anf paste it here (it's a plain text file), so no screenshots, which people tend to do,
    Then we might move a bit further.

You can also, while you're levelling as a system-admin, look in the system.log via console,app (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) and filter on DAZ3DIM in the seach box, might be some loging there too, like "Sandbox protection issues".

Really appreciate, Tottle.

>> So it did uninstall correctly or not?

Correct means uninstall successfully? It's all gone. DIM showed Postgre in the Ready to Download list again. But I will do what you tell me to do tomorrow. I'm now away from home. Thank you a million!

edited October 2019
    Totte said:

- Copy what it says that looks interesting anf paste it here (it's a plain text file), so no screenshots, which people tend to do,
    Then we might move a bit further.

I've completely done what you told me to do so. And here it is.

+++++++++++++++ Install Manager 1.2.0.52 starting +++++++++++++++++
    OS bits: 64
    Platform bits: 64
    Qt Version: 4.8.7
    Locale: en_US
    Running on Macintosh OS 10.15 Catalina
    Current DateTime:
        Loc: Thu Oct 24 16:06:58 2019
        UTC: Thu Oct 24 09:06:58 2019
    Application Data:
        Location = /Users/headquarters/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/InstallManager
        Disk Total: 931.5 GB (1000240963584)
        Disk Avail: 799.7 GB (858758737920)
    Reading dzInstall.ini
    Current Account: Account
    Current Download Path:
        Location = /Volumes/WD Daz Tank/Downloads
        Disk Total: 2.7 TB (3000577818624)
        Disk Avail: 1.8 TB (2065853054976)
    Current Content Install Path:
        Location = /Volumes/Apps' Contents/My DAZ 3D Library
        Disk Total: 1.8 TB (2048164585472)
        Disk Avail: 631.9 GB (678601830400)
    Current 64-bit Software Install Path:
        Location = /Applications
        Disk Avail: 799.7 GB (858758733824)
    Current 32-bit Software Install Path:
        Location = /Applications
        Disk Avail: 799.7 GB (858758733824)
    Manifest directory set to: /Users/headquarters/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/ManifestFiles
    Starting CMS...
    Error connecting to CMS. Cannot be started by client.
    Current Account: Account
    Processed 7075 installed products, totaling 1.0 TB
    Installing product : PostgreSQL CMS (Mac 64-bit)
    Product installation failed : PostgreSQL CMS (Mac 64-bit)
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 6.2 sec.

Post edited by iSeeThis on

OK, I check with those who might know more...

Really appreciate. Thanks for your care for others, Totte.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    Totte said:

OK, I check with those who might know more...

There might be something in the DIM helper (background process) log - Settings in DIM and then I think CMD-click on 'show log' (it's ctrl-click in windows) and scroll to the bottom.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763

Did anyone ever find a solution here? I can't install DAZ Studio either.

Get beta and it works.

Did anyone ever find a solution here? I can't install DAZ Studio either.

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

You may need to authorize it in the Security and Privacy prefs pane:

If that doesn't work, try booting into Recovery mode and disabling SIP. (Remember to re-enable SIP when you're done.)

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

The only way I could get around this was time machine, I'm not on Catalina though. But nothing I did fixed it until I just copied the old files froma time when it was working. Off the top of my head, it was from the Application Support folder. I realise this may not work for you. Worth a try though if you have a backup. 

The only way I could get around this was time machine, I'm not on Catalina though. But nothing I did fixed it until I just copied the old files froma time when it was working. Off the top of my head, it was from the Application Support folder. I realise this may not work for you. Worth a try though if you have a backup. 

That sounds like to db - files have been damaged, power failure while database was vaccuming could do that.

• Having same issues.

1. I tried to install Daz3d on clean computer, but after installation postgre could not be connected.
    2. Removed all installations and did it again. Stille same - no postgress connection.
    3. Removed all installations and also removed all extra daz files which DIM left to Applications and Documents folder.
    4. Reinstalled DIM and tried to install Postgress - installation got  stuck.
    5. Waited for an hour and tried to cance installation.
    6. Waited for another hour till I forced DIM to quit.
    7. Tried to restart DIM, but login got broken and did not show any login name.
    8. Removed DIM again and got login working. Tried to install only postgre.
    9. Installation got stuck again. Cancelled installation.
    10. DIM is not answering. Forced to quit.

Any Idea?

If yoi want tp remove you also need to check the ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/ folder, lots of settings there, but you problem also sounds like either insuffient privilegies (DIM) or postgres not getting the correct privililegies. 

• JazzyJazzy Posts: 21

Hi, all. What actually did work for me was uninstalling, then reinstalling the PostgreSQL CMS (Mac 64-bit) and PostgreQL CMS From Valentina CMS Conversion.  Now, I have no idea if I needed to do the Valentina as well.  Since they were both installed previously, I chose to reinstall them both in hopes of accomplishing the desired outcome.  Of course, the Valentina has 0 bytes.

I hope this provides some sense of confidence in others because this is a beast to remember to do to get things up and running again.