Jousting arena

ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
edited January 2014 in Product Suggestions

Hi all,

I've had a bit of a ferret around, and I'm surprised that I haven't been able to find any kind of jousting arena anywhere. This is something that medieval worlds need, and something that I in particular will need reasonably soon.

Does anyone have any plans to put one together (maybe even in a bundle with jousting sticks and horse coverings)? Because I would definitely consider buying one if it were to be released in the next three or four months. Tiered seating for spectators would be a bonus, but is not necessary.

Thanks for your time!

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on

Comments

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Isn't it just a couple of ropes then?

JoustArena.jpg
    800 x 726 - 105K
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

What I picture in my mind's eye also includes external fencing and maybe some banners and those hoop things as well. Maybe a rack of lances at the far end, and possibly some stadium seating, including a nice regal seat for the local nobility.

But yeah, technically, a jousting arena doesn't have to be more than the central barriers.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There used to be a free one available ages ago, I can't even remember who made it now. Was quite good though.

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

It's not much, but here's a lance.
    Two material zones.
    If you want me to put it on shareCG, just let me know.

Joust02.jpg
    780 x 690 - 34K
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,634
    edited December 1969

I've got something in the works.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited December 1969

EvilProducer made a lovely villiage environment with Jousting area for Carrara
    but that is carrara only I am afraid.
    on sharecg if you have Carrara.

edited December 1969

EvilProducer made a lovely villiage environment with Jousting area for Carrara
    but that is carrara only I am afraid.
    on sharecg if you have Carrara.

Thanks! I found that one, and managed to export the jousting bits to obj. They're not too bad, and will do in a pinch, with some work.

!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

Any word on this?

(Admittedly, I have no idea how long it takes to build a 3D product, or how long the tail end (QA, publishing etc) is, so I don't want to seem like I'm rushing you unreasonably. Just wondering about timeframes, because I'm just about at the point in my comic where I'll need this scene. Thanks!)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,634
    edited March 2014

Any word on this?

(Admittedly, I have no idea how long it takes to build a 3D product, or how long the tail end (QA, publishing etc) is, so I don't want to seem like I'm rushing you unreasonably. Just wondering about timeframes, because I'm just about at the point in my comic where I'll need this scene. Thanks!)
    Hey Shane, I've been working on it. And it's very close to finished! Just doing my own testing prior to submitting it. I have one new environment coming out before it and it will be next in the queue after that. In terms of schedule DAZ marketing decides so very hard to give an exact time frame because a lot of factors come into the mix, but I'm hoping during the second half of April.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

Hey Shane, I've been working on it. And it's very close to finished! Just doing my own testing prior to submitting it. I have one new environment coming out before it and it will be next in the queue after that. In terms of schedule DAZ marketing decides so very hard to give an exact time frame because a lot of factors come into the mix, but I'm hoping during the second half of April.

Fantastic news. Thank you very much for letting us know!

edited December 1969

Don't normally wait with bated breath for releases, but this one has me really excited. Just thought you'd like to know.

edited December 1969

Hoping it gets released soon! I've reached an impasse with my project.